Chapter 4

Hope you guys love it ;)

~ <3 ~

Skylar's P.O.V.

She woke up, her head resting against his chest as she sighed softly. "Where are we?" She mumbled, straightening out and realizing they were no where near her house. "Alex?"

When she got off of his lap, she realized that he was still sitting up, but he was out cold. Probably completely tired from carrying her so far... well she thought they were pretty far from that house. 

Skylar hadn't noticed it before, but her head was pounding, her stomach still turning from even the thought of ever having another drink  again. Maybe that's why alcoholics drank so much all the time, so they didn't get hangovers so easily.

It made sense. Well, sort of.

But it wasn't as bad as it was at the party so at least now she could clearly assess the situation.

Tree's enveloped the rocky path, making it almost impossible to see. An owl watched them carefully, curled up against a tree branch as it's yellow eyes stared directly in to hers. It was fairly dark outside but she could still see as she had good night vision and the moon cast an eery glow along the trees, making them almost seem alive. And strangely, this cold dark night, did not scare her because hearing Alex's rather loud snoring, was oddly comforting and she could relax, sitting back beside him, pushing him gently so he was laying on the ground instead of sitting up like some ninja. 

Kaitlyn was going to kill her for not phoning. 

Knowing her best friend, she was probably going to show up and Sky's house in a couple of hours, as soon as it was light enough for everyone to be awake. And after Kaitlyn had her coffee. Her parents would be home and when Kaitlyn asked where Sky was, she would be dead because Sky told her parents that she was going over to Kaitlyn's house and poor Kaitlyn would have thought that Sky would be home by then. 

So then, her parents would be throwing questions at Kaitlyn like steel basketballs and her friend would have to answer them correctly. No lies. Her parents would find out about the party and Skylar would be in huge trouble. 

Maybe, by some miracle... Starbucks would be out of coffee. 

She had to get home fast.

Waking up Alex was not going to be an easy task. She found a random stick on the ground and started poking his side with it... and then his face.... Nope, that wouldn't work. So, she shook him gently, telling him they needed to wake up and explaining that she would sit on him if it came to that.

Do you know what kind of answer she got?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing but a loud snore from Alex.

So, she did what she had to do. She sat on his stomach, bouncing on it as Alex rolled over onto his side, tossing her on the ground. 

How could he still be asleep?!

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

In other words, she threw a rock at his face. 

Alex's P.O.V.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked sleepily, clutching the side of his face after sitting up so quickly his head spun violently.

"We have to get moving. My parent's will kill me if I don't get home before they wake up. They don't even know I went to the party." She told him rather sternly. She definitely needed to relax more and he told he as much. 

"Just relax Sky. The sun hasn't even woken up yet, why the hell do I have to?" He asked, standing up, regardless of what he had said. "Well, if your so bent on getting home so quickly, then let's go." He started walking, grabbing her hand and pulling her alongside him, not wanting to have her get so far behind he would have to carry her again. Though he did like the feeling of her being so close.... but he dismissed it and kept pulling her along the branch covered trail.

"Besides, your parents couldn't hate such a princess like you." He muttered after a few moments of silence, knowing she'd be pissed about it. But it was better than nothing.

"I am not a princess!" Sky snapped, facing him fully on the trail, keeping him from going any farther. Her face was starting to get a little red with anger but there was no way he'd back down from saying something he had been wanting to scream at her pretty little face for a long time. 

"Says little miss high and mighty, careful not to fall off her pedestal and ruin her dress." He yelled back, moving forward and forcing her to back up into a cedar tree. "You don't care about anyone below you. And that's how you see people. You aren't popular but you act like it. If only anyone actually liked you, then maybe you would be popular. But your such a goody goody that no one could care less about you. Including me." 

His body was pressed against hers, keeping her from moving, the moonlight reflecting off the tears that were streaming down her face. 

"You are weak." He snapped, moving back to the trail and walking along it. Regret gnawed at him but he had never let that stop him before.

Regret was a feeling for the weak and whatever he felt for her had to be put aside before he became weak. 

Just like her.

Skylar's P.O.V.

It had felt like her blood had nearly boiled when he called her a princess but the feeling had quickly diminished after she replied and he yelled back at her. 

The bark of the tree had poked into her back, obviously leaving a scratch that she'd have to look at later and his voice completely filled her mind, taking everything she had thought about herself and changing it or making it worse.

The hardest part was having him tell her all of those things.

Part of her had known the were true but she could never accept it. And that would always be her downfall, she could never accept anything bad. 

The guy who flirted with her, smiled and winked at her, danced with her.... he had just pinned her up against a tree and told her what everyone had wanted to say and it nearly crushed her.

She didn't know why or how or any other logical fact anymore because she hadn't realized how much people truly hated her, how much she wasn't welcome.

So as she trailed along behind him, tears falling across her face and clothes, she pushed away all thoughts. Which was nearly impossible considering the kind of person she was.

The kind that had always relied on thoughts. 

They finally found a cheap motel and luckily, even though she had left her phone at the party, she had enough hidden in her jacket to buy one room. The motel stank and looked like no one had cleaned it in ages. The receptionist smelled like beer and his words slurred together so they could barely understand what he was saying. 

Problem was is she only had enough money to buy one room so Alex and her would have to share. 

She would never ever go to another party with him again after this. Let alone touch another beer can in her life.

~ <3 ~

Author's note:  

Hope you really did love it! I'm sorry it took me so long! The sun is shining so be happy! :) 

Yours truly,

Kenna.