A Bright Future (Part 1)

Okay, so like, I know have a headcanon that Roman is the absolute best at everything. Cooking, gardening, writing, art, all that stuff! Because it makes me really happy and oh my gosh it makes me cry with happiness.

Also, The Corrupter and The Purifier are just chilling in here :P

Roman slouched letting his composure slip. He swung his legs over the drop from the stage to the floor, which wasn't very far.

"Well, you didn't suck." Demi deadpanned, sitting next to his dance partner.

Roman rolled his eyes.

"I need to be good, not to not suck. Can't you be not so brutally honest?"

Demi shrugged, "I have no personality. My one function is to be the weird kid."

Roman snorted and pulled out his phone, scrolling through Tumblr. Demi pulled out his own phone, and called his friend Cory.

"Yeah, ballet is done, you done with tap?" He asked in an almost monotone. 

Roman grabbed his bag and waved goodbye to Demi. He pocketed his phone and ran to the bus stop to catch his bus to art class.

He managed to impress his art teacher. She had told him he had a bright future, assuming he was some kind of rich kid. He caught the bus again. He tried to block out the rain with his arms. He made it to his house, soaking wet.

Remus was passed out on the couch. Probably another tiring day at work. Roman rolled his eyes and threw a blanket on him. He started cooking up dinner, using the herbs he'd collected from the garden. He looked into the shopping bags that Remus must've have brought with him. He cleared out some space in the mini-fridge for them.

He dumped out the bucket of leaking water and placed it back under the leakage.

He checked the rent bills as he put dinner on the plates set out. He ruffled the fur of their pooch, Lady and shook Remus awake.

"Dammit, I was gonna rip his guts out." He mumbled grumpily.

Roman snorted, "Get up, lazy butt"

Remus yawned, "How much did Abuela pay for your classes?"

Roman sighed, "Not much, most of it is coming from my pocket."

Remus waved his hand dismissively and sat down for dinner.

Roman caught his reflection in the mirror. He frowned, looking at his body up and down. He should really lose some weight if he were to be a dancer. He shook his head to clear those thoughts and sat next to his brother to eat.