Another Insecurity AU

TW: Kind of dirty joke? I dunno if that's actually a trigger tho \_('^')_/

But hey, an actual chapter!

Romulus swung his legs childishly. He had his headphones on and was drowning the voices of his room with music. He figured his room was a lot like Anxiety's, but it was more targeted. It knew what made you insecure and your habits, and attacked you in such a convincing way, you could spiral from your role.

He frowned. Maybe he should tone down that creativity, he didn't want to steal Remus' role. Those morbid thoughts were a bit too much like Remus'. He was in charge of good creativity too. He snorted to himself. What a great match! The worst side function mashed with the most dependent function. 

He sighed and flapped his wings in fear they might get cramped if he stayed still for too long. He knew the other dark sides were...predators. That was in terms of animals.

But what was he? A stupid moth. An insect who's known for their dumbness, plainness and being annoying. The only person he really felt safe around was Remus, and that was saying a lot. 

His antennae twitched, and he snapped his fingers quickly, hiding the wings, extra arms and antennae. He switched off the music, too.

Janus opened the door in a stiff manner, and Roman nearly withdrew deeper into his room by the anger flaring in his eyes. Janus took a few deep breaths to calm down and said as breezily as he was able, "Come down for dinner, Romulus. We can't have you skipping meals!"

Romulus smiled warily and nodded soundlessly. The voices were telling him he should, that he could lose some weight. He ignored them and walked out of the grasping clutches of his room.

He headed to the kitchen, where the other sides sat.

He glanced at the angry face of Virgil, and the bitter look in Janus' eyes lead him to the conclusion that the two had another argument.

Romulus sat at his place in the kitchen, and on top of the counter.

"Get off, Romulus! The snacks go there!" Virgil said playfully, his mood improving once the only other sane seeming side.

Romulus relaxed slightly and responded cheekily, "But you forget I am a snack!"

Remus butted in with, "Kinky!"

Romulus kicked his brother's chair aggressively. Remus cackled.

Janus was sipping from a wine glass.

"Jan, you can't just drink wine for dinner!" 

Janus stared at them sassily and replied, "It's soup."

Romulus sighed and sipped from his water bottle which was actually, in fact, nectar mixed with some sap. He had to get creative with hiding that he was a moth. 

They all decided to do some party games, because why not? They did dumb games like twister and spin the bottle.

Virgil seemed to be uncomfortable with everything and before everybody passed out from tiredness, he mumbled to Romulus, "Sorry."

Turns out that night, Virgil left to Morality and Logic. He left Romulus.

Romulus' heart became bitter, cursing himself for falling for somebody who would undoubtedly leave him to rot for a bigger and happier life for himself.