Chapter 86. Trust. Was It Ever There?

Start from the beginning

I shut the door behind me and notice Ricky waking up. A gut wrenching annoyance builds up in my stomach, and I soon walk over to the tired wreck on the bed.

"Oh," he says rubbing his eyes, "you woke up before me I s-"

"Why did Skye call you?" I ask with a small attitude in my voice, throwing the device on him.

"What?" He questions confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You got a call from the Salt Lake County Jail," he picks up the phone from off of the bed, "It was Skye. She wouldn't tell me why you were in touch with her but it sure seemed like she wanted you. She said it was important."

"Babe, I-" he pinches between his eyes. "I'm not sure why she would call m-"

"Wow," I scoff, "do not lie straight to my fucking face. I just got the call and I heard it from the bitch herself."

"Don't call her a bitch, please." He says, making me raise a brow.

Is he bloody mental?!

"You just lied straight to my face, and your worrying about how I just called your crazy psycho ex girlfriend, a bitch. I could call her more if you'd like."

"W-why do you have my phone anyway?!" He sits up, eyes wide open all of a sudden.

"I answered it, because I thought that it must've been a family member and you were drop dead a fucking sleep. Turns out, it was Skye, Ricky why the fuck are you still in contact with her? Have you been visiting her?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me." He states sternly, pissing me off. He does not own me. What makes him think that he can make commands and expect me to follow them?

"Or what? Or what Ricky? You gonna pull a gun on me like you did to someone in Chicago?"

*Flashback*
The Night Where Ricky and Skye went on a date.

The door bell rings, making me jump. If Ricky was back he would've just walked in since he has a key. God, why am I stating the obvious?

I get off of the couch and head to the door. I find myself not even bothering to look at the peep hole and just open the door, which I quickly find myself regretting.

"Labyrinth.." I say quietly. I try to hide my instant fear, but it was a bit hard.

"Nini," he says with an oh so fake smile. "Aw, you alright? You seem..a bit shaky I see."

"Or Kant.." I grip the door knob. "What are you doing here?"

"Mm. Richard told you about me I see." He clears his throat and fake fixes his coat. "Well hi! I'm Kant, and I hope your having an amazing day! Y'know I'm just here saying hello to the new girlfriend of my..ol bestie."

"What are you really doing here?" I repeat. Not playing whatever games he's interested in.

"Hey.." he pouts, "I'm just tryna say hi. Damn, I see the types of girls he's into alright."

"What are you doing here." I find myself repeat.

"Hurtful. Mkay," he pulls out his phone. "Originally, I was like..suppose to give a whole speech about how bad your boy boy is but I guess I could just show you a video."

"I don't want to see no stupid video coming from you. I don't believe whatever bull shit your going to show me."

I'm genuinely so confused on why he is here. I'm scared and it's getting hard to put on brave face.