Chapter 14: Anita

Start from the beginning

She used to always glare at me and Gia in school but never actually did anything since Alfie was there. We brushed it off thinking that the two wouldn't last so it didn't really matter, oh how we were wrong. Alfie is a year older than her but because of her birthday, she's two school years behind him, so when Alfie left, that's when the real shit began. She would openly threaten us with secrets. She knew that Gia hooked up with some guy and threatened to tell the boys about it. We went along with it because Gia really didn't want anything to happen to the guy if the boys ever found out. So we kept quiet and Alfie kept using her.

Before I left I threatened her with the promise of my wrath so that she wouldn't go near Gia. I swear she better have listened.

"So he's still sleeping with her then? Has she said anything to you since I've been gone?" I asked seriously studying her.

"No" she mumbled. Lies. This over excitable girl only mumbles when she lies or she's upset.

"What the Fuck did she do Gia?" I asked getting angrier.

"Nothing" She attempted to make her voice stronger.

"Tell me right now Gianna or so help me God I will get on the next flight out there and-"

"She hit me" she mumbled again, cutting off my rant.

I'm seething in anger right now, only seeing red.

"Excuse me?" I asked in a deadly voice.

"At home after the first day back she told me what you said to her and laughed. I started getting angry and told her that I would tell Alfie everything that had been going on. She slapped me in the face and told me she'd do worse if I opened my mouth." she explained sadly.

"And has she?" I asked

"She slapped me the other day and had one of the football players try hit me, but he was way too scared of the boys to even try it." she rolled her eyes.

That's it I'm done playing this game.

"I need to tell Alfie Gia, If I'm not there to protect you from her then someone else has to" I tell her. Of course, Gia has the training to beat her ass but she would never actually do it. Gia wants to specialise in the medical side of the mafia and so wouldn't harm anyone unless it was life or death. I hate that, but it's her decision to make.

"He already knows" I stare at her not believing what she just said.

"What?"

"The first day she slapped me, Alfie caught us together in the house and I had a red cheek, he was angry at Anita initially but then she brought on the water works and claimed I had went for her and said all this shit about how I didn't like her with the family, blah blah blah. Anyway, he believed her and told me that he wouldn't tell the others to save me from the 'embarrassment'." She rolled her eyes again.

"Gia get Alfie here right now." I said sternly, needing to knock some sense into my brother.

"Al no its fine" she tried to calm me.

"Right now Gia. We can either do this on facetime or I can come home. Your choice" I told her not backing down.

Huffing she agreed, "Fine" and then she left the room.

Five minutes later she came back with a smiling Alfonso. His smile soon fell when he saw the expression on my face.

"Aleja? What's wrong, did something happen? Who the fuck hurt you? Just give me a name." He asked going from concerned to angry at record speed.