Chapter 10: Deals

Silence.

Complete and utter silence. His face was stoic, not giving off any indication as to how he felt about my revelation. I don't know what I was expecting his reaction to be, but I thought I would at least be able to tell what he was thinking. This was a bit unexpected. And to be honest, I'm kind of scared. Im not easily scared by things, but right now I had a feeling that I didn't like.

He just stared me dead in the eyes for minutes on end. It was kind of like the scene in friends where Rachel tells Ross's she's pregnant. Only a lot more intimidating.

Eventually he opened his mouth to speak. "Collisimo? I don't know if I believe you. Santiago isn't stupid enough to pull a trick like this." His voice was neutral, but I could tell that he believed me, he just didn't want to.

"Why would I lie about this, I know the repercussions of that and the last time I checked, I wasn't suicidal". I kept my voice strong. It's the only way im going to get through this. Plus I'm a damn mafia princess, I won't show weakness to the enemy, or anyone for that matter.

"Then tell me why the hell your father would think it was a good idea to send you here, I really am struggling to understand this. Your father's mafia is strong yes, but it's not the strongest. I could take them down if I wanted to", his voice beginning to show anger.

"Oh, don't give me that. You may be stronger than us but you can't deny that going up against us would cost you countless men, and if your even half as much of a loyal leader as our father's, you wouldn't sacrifice your men over nothing. Plus I've already told you that he has no idea that you live here. In fact ever since your father's death, no one can figure out where you are. Meeting you was completely coincidental." I was getting angry as well, he wouldn't threaten my family and get away with it.

After Marcus Macaluso's death, his children went MIA. Other mafias and smaller gangs thought it was a perfect chance to overthrow the top mafia whilst they were grieving. The only problem was that they were nowhere to be found. Their only known mansion here in New York, the one I assume I'm in right now, had little to no activity for weeks after. Any hope of taking them down was lost when they took out one of the smaller gangs that were trying to overthrow them. Showing that they were just as strong as ever. Jaxon was announced as the new leader shortly after.

They must have just moved back in recently without anyone noticing.

"Exactly. No one knows where I live. My siblings are safe like this for now. And until I take over fully, I want it to stay that way. I won't let you jeopardise that." If I didn't do something soon, his anger would take over and ww3 would begin.

"Look, I'm not going to tell my father about this. I came here to live a mafia free year, obviously now that's not going to happen. Anyway, the second your name is mentioned I would be put on a flight back to Sicily and locked away. My life would be over. So you can be rest assured that if he somehow finds out where you are, it will have absolutely nothing to do with me." I reasoned with him. Just thinking about my father's reaction makes me cringe. It wouldn't be pretty.

"As much as I want to believe that, this isn't a small matter. I can't just let you go now. You hold information that only my trusted members have access to." he sat back in his chair thinking, His perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowing a little.

"You can't keep me here either. I have a bodyguard, Gabriel, who checks up on me every now and then. He'll know if I'm no longer living in my apartment and my father will be told immediately. He'd get the wrong impression if he found out I was with you and I doubt he'd give either of us a chance to explain before acting out" He knew I was right.