Chapter 8: The Race and The Party

Equipped with this new information, I made my way back to my car. The race was in 10 minutes but I couldn't spot the red Camaro anywhere, or it's muscly tattood owner.

Now what to do with the new facts. I could straight up confront him or I could just ignore it completely and try to continue avoiding him. But so far that doesn't really seem to be working. I only got here less than 2 weeks ago and I've already had three unpleasant encounters with him. Soon to be four.

If he really was the Mafia Don then it wouldn't be long until he figured out who I was. I don't know how that would work. Members from different mafia's shouldn't even be in the same country as each other, Nevermind the same classroom.

Surely he wouldn't kill me. I mean our mafias are hardly on great terms but we're not exactly enemies either. We're civil. We don't mess with each other's business.

Killing me would only start a full blown war. One that would be fatal for both of our mafias

Maybe the blow would be better taken if I was the one to tell him who I was, instead of him finding out through research of his own. If he found out on his own, he'd probably think I was sent to gather information on him. And with the anger he'd feel from that, I would probably dead within minutes, with him not thinking of the repercussions.

I think I should tell him.

My thoughts are cut short when I hear an engine roaring louder than the others.  Looking up, I'm not surprised to spot the infamous red car driving past me. Glancing at the time in my car, I realise the race starts in two minutes.

Damn, time sure does fly when thinking about your death.

Starting the car, I drive out towards the starting line, swiftly avoiding the people walking around.

Driving up beside the camaro, I decide to make the most of this moment, and turn to look at him with a smirk plastered on my face.

For a split second, his eyes widened in surprise as he realised that it was me. Then he narrowed them at me as if trying to figure me out.

Breaking his gaze, I look back towards the road ahead. It was a classic country road we'd be driving on for a quarter mile, before turning back into the dirt track and driving back through the field to a finish line, around 20 meters along from the starting line.

Simple enough.

The cliché looking flag girl stepped out to stand between the two cars. Her outfit not leaving much to the imagination. I roll my eyes at that. Seriously.

Raising the flags, she swayed her hips a bit, before dropping them and screeching "Go" at the same time.

Within  seconds, we were both off, fighting to be in front. The nose of his car, just inches in front of mine.

Approaching the turn we both got ready to do this without losing too much speed.

Braking and lifting off the throttle, I drifted with ease, before taking off at full speed down the last part of the track.

I was a little in front of Jaxon, until he sped up to me and we were neck and neck. Nearing the line we both fought to go faster, pushing the cars to their limits.

Then something happened that the crowd wasn't expecting.

We crossed the line at the exact same time.

It was draw.

Fuck.

Back in Italy no one could beat me.