Chapter 33: Officially Over

I was right. Around 15 minutes later three escalades pulled into the sketchy car park. In that time, I had managed to get the dead body into the back of the van and the man I shot in the leg, now known to me as Peter, into the passenger's side of the van and off of the street. I knew the chances of someone coming into the car park and seeing us was low, but I didn't want to risk having to shoot yet another person today.

I was stood leaning against the van when Jaxon Jumped out of one of the escalades and thundered towards me. When he reached me, he grabbed my shoulders and gave me a once over. When he was sure I had no injuries, he looked into my eyes. His eyebrows raising a little as he took in my stoic face. To be fair to him, I don't think he's actually ever seen me in mafia mode.

"What happened?" He asked, his voice hard. The men from the other escalades were now scouting the place out as East sat in my car with Nova.

"Just a random kidnapping attempt I'm assuming." I say lifting myself off of the van and motioned to the front seat where Peter was. "Him and another guy pulled guns on us, I shot him in the leg and the other guy in the head. He's in the back of the van." Jaxon signals for his men to get the dead body.

"The one in the fronts name is Peter but that's all I got out of him. It wasn't very professional; they were sloppy as you can see and it didn't seem like Peter had done this before. They didn't mention either of our names so I highly doubt it's mafia related." I briefed him. He just nods along with what I say. But he gives me a wary look, as if I'm going to break down at any moment. I hate that, but I just ignore it for now.

"Okay, we'll get rid of the body and take Peter to the base, see what else we can get out of him." I just nod. "Sounds like a plan. Let me know what he says." I say knowing I won't get to be part of that process if it's at their base.

I glance over at my car to see East and Nova no longer in the car. East is walking her over to one of the escalades as she cries. I'm a bit taken aback by Nova's reaction; I mean I know it's hard to watch someone die in front of you but she should be used to it by now. One of these days the gun will be in her hand and she can't freeze when the time comes. That's how we end up dead.

I shake the thought out of my head and turn back to Jaxon who's just analysing me.

"Aleja!" Asher shouts as he walks towards me. I look towards him as he gets closer. He then reaches his hands out and throws something at me before walking away. I catch it and look down. My car keys. Good, I can get going now. I really need a shower.

"Right well I'll see you back at the house." I say to Jaxon who's still fucking staring at me. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asks. I shake my head at him, "No, I want you to go talk to Peter. I'm just going to go for a shower when I get back." He doesn't look sure which kind of pissess me off. He's acting like I'm some sort of china doll.

"Okay, If you're sure." He says grabbing my waist and pulling me to him, placing a kiss on my head. "Love you." He whispers. "Love you too." I say before pulling away from him and walking towards my car.

I get in and speed out of the car park, faster than I've gone in a while. I forget how much of an adrenaline junkie I am sometimes.

***

I've had my shower, a pretty short one, which is why I'm surprised when I walk out of the bathroom and Jaxon's sitting on the bed. I raise my eyebrows at him questioningly. I saw him less than 30 minutes ago. There's no way he's finished with Peter yet. So what the hell is he doing here.

"Why are you back so early?" He stands up and walks towards me. "I decided to leave Peter till later. I wanted to come make sure that you're okay." I don't know why but that really angered me.