chapter 23: my spot

Addison's point of view As his car left the driveway, my heart broke. I lost him. I lost the one. The boy who pointed out my flaws when others were afraid to. The boy that danced in the rain with me. The boy that made me feel like no other when he touched me. The boy that hugged me tight when I felt like falling apart, and made me feel the happiest ever in my life. I lost him, and it's all my fault.

Dixie found me outside looking into the distance. She tried getting my attention but it was no use. I refused to pay attention to her. All I could think about was him, even when he was gone he was still in my mind, and had never left. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Tayler get everyone to leave. NOW!" I heard Dixie demand Tayler. "Yes captain" he responded as he ran into the house. Eventually I heard tons of footsteps leaving. Everyone had left and I was still standing still in my position as I felt the stares of Dixie and Tayler behind me.

"Ads, Ads if you can hear me please move. Please" Dixie begged on the verge of tears. My tears had already fallen, a salty lake worth of them. I tuned Dixie out as I close my eyes and listened to the sound of cars in the distance.

I suddenly felt myself be picked up and led into the house. I felt my bed underneath me as I sat up, watching Dixie and Tayler staring. "Ads what happened. And where's Bryce?" Tayler asks. Bryce. His name. I can't listen anymore as I cry hard and into my hands.

"It's okay Ads" Dixie said, trying for my shoulder. I pushed her hand away hard and cried even more. I heard them sit on the ground. I could form no words about my sadness. And no one could help me get out of this state.

I heard my phone ring. My eyes are blurry from tears as I pick up the phone and answer it. I didn't see the name and honestly I don't care. A lady answered the phone in a stern voice. "Is this Addison Hossler" she says.

"Yes it is" I say, as I hear sirens in the background. "We are sad to say that Bryce Hall passed away in a car crash on the corner of 22nd. You were the only number on speed dial. I am so sorry for your loss" she said to me on the phone. I dropped my phone in shock and sadness and balled out tears so hard it hurt.

I should have made him stay. Why didn't I make him stay? We could have worked it out, but no, now he's dead and can never come back to me. I scream in sadness as Tayler and Dixie come to my side.

:(

Just Kidding! Bryce Hall lives on. Just pretend you didn't hear her say that on the phone. Okay? Let's start back to after Addison says "Yes it is". Without further ado, let's continue on with the story on how it's supposed to be :)