chapter 8: just leave me alone

Dixie's point of view
The volleyball team is in good condition, so me and Avani canceled practice today to give everyone a break this season. We did train them hard.

Nick clearly didn't wanna go to practice so I invited the squad to my house. Addison has practice so she'll just walk here when it's over.

At my house, we all chill in my living room, watching a movie. Addison still isn't here. I thought practice ended like 10 mins ago?

I didn't mind as we all decided we're gonna do face masks. And when I mean we all decided is that me and Avani want to, and we're forcing Nick to do one too.

We are about to take the masks out when I hear the doorbell. Addison's here! I run down the stairs and open the door.

To my surprise I see Addison and Troy, together holding hands. Woah, what is sweet innocent Addison doing holding hands with the school's fuck boy?

Also I thought she had a thing for Bryce? Whatever, she kisses his cheek and I close my door silently.

Troy is trouble. I would know, we fucked a couple times. But, now I'm with Tayler and he treats me way better than Troy ever did.

We silently go upstairs. Why is she being so quiet about Troy, which I didn't know about until now. I know the real Addison and this is not her, I need to figure out what's going on.

We all get in the room and I see her put on a fake smile. The atmosphere goes back to being positive and I forget about what just happened and vibe with my number 1s.

Addison's point of view
I get upstairs and I put on a fake smile for all my friends to see. I couldn't get them in this mess, even if they were like siblings to me.

I was about to take off my sweater when I realized the bruise marks on my wrists and left it on. My god, was it burning in here.

We did face masks and took so many insta pics and posted them. Then it was 7 pm and we needed to start homework.

So we did, and we practically gave each other the answers 🤣 but hey, better grades for us!

Then it was time for us to go, and I saw that Bryce was picking me up.

Oh no, he's gonna notice for sure! What do I do? I think to myself as I entered. Bryce's car.

"Hey Rae" he said, and I blushed a little. I can't blush, Addison what are you doing?

I am so caught up in Bryce's comment that I roll up my sleeves because of how hot it is. I then look at my wrists and silently freak the hell out.

I quickly push my sleeves down, but it's too late. He saw them and I knew he was gonna have a million questions, but I couldn't give him the honest answer.

Bryce's point of view
I pick up Sweet Face from her friends house because Jaden asked me to. He was watching a movie with his Mads and he shouldn't be bothered so I agree.

As she gets in my car, I say "Hey Rae" I notice a blush appear on her face and I hid my slight smile.

As I drive she pushes up her sleeves, I'm guessing she's hot. I look over to her and see bruises on her wrists.

She panics and pushes her sleeves back down as we pull up to her driveway.

"What is that, sweet face?" I say with concern. I reach for her arm but she pulls away and we enter the house.

"Sweet Face what is it?" I say, holding her shoulder back as she tries to get upstairs.

She releases from my grip aggressively and stomps up the stairs. "I'll tell your brother to ask you!" I say, and I hear a slammed door.