Chapter 25 - Djúpalónssandur

He thrust me up against the wall of the cafe, his eyes glared deeply into my own, they looked wild. Frenzied.
His lips pressed deeply against mine, his hand on my waist gripped tightly as he pulled us closer together. I could feel he was aroused as he kissed me passionately, his cold hands working their way under my T-shirt. I gasped as they brushed my skin. His lips began working on my neck, I could feel him leaving marks as I groaned softly with pleasure. He stopped abruptly, growling frustratedly into my collarbone.

He pushed himself away from me, his hands still on my shoulders.
"What have you done?" He asked with a half smile.
I cocked my head in confusion.
"I can't control myself when I'm around you." He turned away as he ruffled the back of his head.

"Just a few more hours."
He turned to face me.
"A few more hours?"
"Yeah, then the tour will be over and we will be back at the hotel."
He grinned devilishly.
"Promise?" He smirked.
"I'm not promising anything." I laughed as I walked back into the cafe to finish my coffee. I could see through the door window his was still smiling.

He stood for a minute, looking like was composing himself. I saw his hand shift something below the view granted by the window but I knew full well what he was rearranging. He opened the door and stepped back into the warmth, giving me another chance to look him up and down. He wasn't the only one finding it hard to control themselves.
He slumped down next to me and grinned proudly before downing the last bit of coffee in his cup.
"You ready Week?" He squeezed my knee, apparently I had been so focused on his face that I hadn't realised the rest of the group were making their way out of the door.
I nodded and followed the group, Coach following closely behind.

The drive to the next stop was a short one, only about 15 minutes but it seemed to somehow pass in a flash but also stretch in for ages. I was so lost in Coach's words that I had little sense of time.
I'm not even sure I was fully taking in what he was saying, I was just nodding and smiling while switching my gaze from his gorgeous eyes to his lips. I wanted to kiss him so bad.
"You're not listening, are you?" He chuckled.
"What? Huh. Um yeah I am." He startled me back to reality.
"Really? So you agree?" He quizzed. My heart raced with panic, I had a fifty percent chance of getting this right.
"Yeah. Of course." Damn, why did I say it with such certainty?!
"Oh wow. Ok, so when we get to the beach I will throw myself into the ocean and swim away. I thought we had something here but..."
"Wait..what?!" I scowled at him, he knew full well I hadn't heard the question, had he even asked that question?
"What had you so distracted?"
I couldn't tell him it was his face that was distracting me, or how focused I was on his lips that I was dying to kiss them, he'd never let me live it down.
The coach came to a halt, I sighed in relief.
"Come on, we need to get off." I pushed him from his seat, he looked startled as he almost fell into the empty seats across the aisle.

I quickly left the coach and followed the group down a winding dirt path that cut its way through a lava field to another stunning black beach. The sand here was just as pitch black as Reynisfjara but was a lot rockier with shiny black pebbles that looked like blown glass more than a rock. Their smooth surfaces glistening beneath the spray of the sea.
Every so often the dark stretch of sand was interrupted by browns and oranges. Sharp rust coloured items jutted out from the beach, reaching towards the sky. The pieces weren't large but were striking against their black background.
"What are those?" I pointed towards the objects that littered the beach like stars littered the sky.

Coach lowered himself so his head was aligned with my outstretched arm, using it like a sight to see what I was pointing at.
"Oh, it's the rusted remains of a trawler." His answer seemed almost cold but with a tinge of sadness.
"What happened?"
"The trawler got into trouble, most of the crew died." He hung his head in respect.
"That's awful." I felt bad for asking,
"It is. They didn't clear the beach so it became a reminder, a tribute I guess."
We stood in silence for a few minutes, my body shivered. I wasn't sure if it was the cold or the thought of how dangerous this island could be.