CHAPTER 1

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" Poseidon announced. My name echoed around the chamber. All talking died down. The room was silent except for the crackle of the hearth fire.

I walked into the middle of the throneroom. Hestia smiled at me reassuringly. She was in the form of a girl now, and she seemed happy and content to be sitting by her fire again. Her smile gave me courage to keep walking.

First I bowed to Zeus. Then I knelt at my father's feet.

"Rise, my son," Poseidon said. I stood uneasily.

"A great hero must be rewarded," Poseidon said. "Is there anyone here who would deny that my is not deserving?" I waited for someone to pipe up. The gods never agreed on anything, and many of them still didn't like me, but not a single one protested.

"The Council agrees," Zeus said. "Percy Jackson, you will have one gift from the gods."I hesitated.

"Any gift?" Zeus nodded grimly.

"I know what you will ask. The greatest gift of all. Yes, if you want it, it shall be yours. The gods have not bestowed this gift on a mortal hero in many centuries, but, Perseus Jackson if you wish it you shall be made a god. Immortal. Undying."I stared at him, stunned.

"Um . . . a god?"

Zeus rolled his eyes. "A dimwitted god, apparently. But yes. With the consensus of the entire Council, I can make you immortal. Then I will have to put up with you forever."

"Hmm," Ares mused. "That means I can smash him to a pulp as often as I want, and he'll just keep coming back for more. I like this idea."

"I approve as well," Athena said

I thought about the conversation I had with the Three Fates:

FLASHBACK

I was sitting by the lake when a flash appeared, and right in front of me stood the three fates. I bowed so fast I might have got whiplash.

"Lady Fates, to what do I owe the honor of you visit." That's right I can be sophisticated when I want to.

"Perseus Jackson" They say in synchronization, which was really creepy. "We have come to warn you about a decision you will face, you will receive an offer from the Gods and you must accept." I wasn't really sure what they meant but I told them I would and they flashed away."

I knew what I to do."I accept" I said. My Dad looked proud and even Zeus seemed to smile a bit, the rest of the gods looked happy except for Ares who was smirking evilly. Just then there was a flash, one I knew all too well... In front of me stood the fates, again.

"We have come to give Perseus his domains, because of the power he possesses he shall be the thirteenth Olympian." Everyone gasped, me the loudest. "All Hail Perseus Jackson, God of Time, tidal waves and loyalty. The thirteenth Olympian."

Suddenly I felt immense pain, as if my blood were boiling. It went on for about thirty seconds and finally stopped. I stood up off the from the floor and noticed people looking at me funny, well all the females at least. Some were blushing and others were full on drooling, that's strange.

Aphrodite looked like she was going to rape me, it was one of the scariest thing I have ever seen. And that's saying something...

"What's wrong?" I ask. Apollo chuckles.

"How bout I show you cuz" He waves his hand and a mirror appears in front of me. 

I looked and I saw myself, well a perfect version of myself. My skin was flawless and tanned, my muscles had grown and my jawline was more defined. All in all I looked like a God, which makes sense since I am one now...

"*Cough* well, if your done staring at the boy we must decided who shall train him in his godly powers. All those who wish to train Perseus please raise your hand." Zeus says.

To my surprise most of the gods raised there hands, they were: Apollo, Aphrodite, Hermes, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Demeter and surprisingly Artemis. Apparently Zeus also thought it was strange:

"Daughter, you wish to train Perseus, a male?" He asks the moon godess.

"Yes father, even if he is a male, he has proven himself to me and I respect him. Also If I train him he might turn out to be the first male god to not be dirty pig." She answers.

I was shocked, I mean, I knew Artemis didn't hate me as much as other guys but to say that in front of everyone... She was very prideful so it must have been hard for her. 

"Very well, Perseus who do you choose as you trainer?"Zeus says. I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to offend anyone by choosing someone else. If I chose my father it would be considered favoritism. I couldn't chose Hades or Demeter because they would bicker with each other. Ares was out of the question, he would probably just beat be up. Aphrodite would just try and sleep with me. Hermes and Apollo would take me to clubs and bars. I couldn't pick Athena because of her rivalry with my dad.

So that left one. That just so happened to be a man-hating godess and her group of man-hating maidens.

"I wold like to train with Lady Artemis."