Alex's New Job

This was Alexander's dream job. He'd had a dozen different professions before this.
Barista, Accountant, Librarian among others but none of those jobs had ever lasted long. Alex knew the kind of job he wanted and no matter how long it took he was going to get it. 

And at long last he had.

Alexander pushed open the door to his new office with his shoulder, his arms shaking under the weight of the heavy box. He looked around the small room falling in love with everything he saw.

A small desk was against the back wall sitting in the center. A small bay window on the right wall was letting soft sunshine flood into the room. A multicolored painting decorated the left wall. A long narrow table was standing near him by the wall just waiting to be piled with papers.

He hobbled over to his desk and set the heavy box down onto it. He undid the flaps and started unpacking. A fresh packet of pens were placed down. A stack of manila envelopes along with packages of lined papers were placed in the middle drawer. A barrage of sticky notes, highlighters, stamps, scissors tape dispensers and erasers were piled in the top drawer. 

He placed his laptop on top of his desk and sat down in his chair with a sigh. 

Ever since he'd come to terms with his bisexuality (and since his ex girlfriend Eliza has broken up with him) he had been trying to keep it a secret. Not because he was ashamed of it but because he found it hard to find other queer men. And yet the only reason that he'd gotten this job was due to a queer man.

His sugar daddy. Thomas Jefferson

Alex had been struggling with his money ever since Eliza had left him and out of desperation for not starving to death he'd joined a sugar daddy website.  He'd set up an account but had left the photo blank and the bio obscure. He didn't want anyone he knew finding out about it and then he waited. He hadn't really expected to get a response but within a week he'd gotten a notification that Thomas Jefferson had shown interest in him.

They had started talking and in the two weeks that they had been doing it, Alex has sent some nude body photos in exchange for some quick cash. Along the line however he had mentioned his employment problem and Thomas had immediately offered him a position at the office that he was currently employed at. He knew the manager well and would put in a good word for him.

And now here he was.

But he was also nervous. He'd never really gotten along with Thomas in the past, and now he had seen him naked, called him stupid names. Who had given him all sorts of sexy and dirty promises of what exactly he planned to do to Alexander when they were alone together. He'd shared some pretty personal things and now he was afraid.

Someone knocked on his office door interrupting his thoughts. 

"Come in?" He called out but it sounded more like a question.

A tall slender man opened the door. He had dark skin and curly dark hair tied up in a bun on top of his head.

"Hello you must be Alexander Hamilton." He said as he crossed the room to shake his hand. He had a thick french accent.

"Uh yes nice to meet you." Despite himself Alexander couldn't help smiling hopefully everyone who worked here was this nice.

"Allow me to introduce myself." He gave a little bow careful not to crease the front of his royal blue shirt. His beige pants were also perfectly ironed and his brown boots shone.

"Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette."

Alex froze momentarily. He didn't know how he was supposed to remember that. After a moment the man laughed.