Feelings

LeRoy was starting to understand what he felt for Yaaba.
Admiration! Affection!
Love!!
No! That is too early. It's been more than a month since he met Yaaba. Barely two months, that's not enough to fall in love.
Isn't it?
He thought of her more than needed. He kept on playing scenes of them kissing in his head.
He admired Yaaba. A lot!
Over the week, they have been meeting up and every conversation had been thought provoking, exciting, educative, fun.
Yaaba could have deep intellectual conversations when needed. She could be goofy as hell too. You'd probably think she's not a serious person.
He really liked the way she thinks.
Yaaba was a profound feminist but her way of understanding feminism is way better than what most women have taken up as feminism.
Yaaba believed women should be empowered. Women should be given the chance to exploit greater things. Women should have a voice. But those chances shouldn't be given because she has to show the world she's better than a man.
Yaaba believed that she should be empowered to be a better vessel of herself than to be better than a man. This would go a long way to bring joy and happiness in work. Most women have been empowered, they've been pushed higher but they can't work because the motive they sent was to be better than a man instead of being better than their former self.
He truly wished most women thought like Yaaba. The world would be a better place!
But if wishes were horses.........!
He promised not to involve his heart again but Yaaba was slowly breaking down the walls. She was everything and more he wanted in a woman.
But it was too soon. It was too soon to feel so deeply.
'But it wasn't too soon when you were kissing her and touching her. It wasn't too soon when you were doing things to her that made both of you moan and groan', his subconscience hit hard at him.
He hated when he isn't in control of things. He had handed the wheels to Yaaba without her knowing.
Fuck this!
Friday is her matriculation. He didn't know if he should make an appearance there also. He truly wanted to be there for her. He wanted to be one of the first people she calls anytime she needs something. He wanted to share both good and bad news with her. He wanted to make her laugh. He wanted to spoil her with love.
Damn this love thing again!
Do women go through all this like men? He doubt.
Women just have to stay pretty and they'll get men falling at their feet, proclaiming their love, denouncing everything they have just to be with them.
Being a woman must be so nice!
His thoughts travelled to Miriam. That girl was something else. He needed to warn Yaaba about her. But would Yaaba even listen to him? He knew how girls bonded with their roommates and the level of trust they have in them.
This is difficult!
The girl was messing with his head and he didn't like it.
He needed to talk to her.
After matriculation, he'll sit down with her and let her know of how he feels.
Maame Yaaba Otels Lawson!
_____________________
I'm sorry if this chapter is boring 😹, I just wanted you to know of LeRoy's thoughts without any third party.

I think women should feel the need to be empowered rather than what is being preached nowadays- you can do better than the man. Gender equality and what not?
How about gender equity and let's see how far it will take us?
Do you think women have it easier than men in relationships?😹

Let's chat in the comment section.

Not edited. May contain grammatical errors.

Kindly share, vote and comment.

Give me 1.7k reads and I'll give you three updates instead of two.😹😹

Vote more too😹😹😹.

And comment!!!!!

❤️