Yaabs

Selasi Wayolasi in the MM.

LeRoy couldn't take his eyes off Yaaba(he heard her friend say).
"Guy, you've been staring at those ladies for some seconds. You know them?" Selasi stated the obvious.
"Nope. But I've met one of them somewhere" LeRoy shrugged.
"Dem dey bee mmom" Selasi said.
"Oh yeah".
The guys went back to what they were doing.
LeRoy ordered fufu with cowleg groundnut soup whilst Selasi ordered fufu with chicken light soup.
After eating, the guys took one bottle of Origin beer. I mean, what is fufu without some beer attachè?
"So where are you lodging?" Selasi asked whilst picking his teeth with a toothpick.
"I'm at Destiny View Hostel at kentinkrono."
"Why didn't you rent an apartment?"
"Guy, I wasn't really interested in that. I just didn't want to be on campus. That's all. I didn't care if I will be sleeping in a homestel or hostel." LeRoy said whilst relaxing in the chair, "What about you? Where do you sleep?"
"I'm in an apartment at Bomso. I share it with another friend though."
"That's cool."
All of a sudden, the lights went out and the sky became cloudy. The rain started falling heavily and it was windy.
"We need to get out of here", Selasi pointed out.
"Yeah"
The guys stood up and in a rush, entered LeRoy's car. LeRoy was about sparking the car when he remembered seeing Yaaba and her friend look lost. He turned to Selasi, "My guy, adey come. Wej me."
He got out of the car and went to where Yaaba and her friend were.
He said to them, "Care for a ride."
"Yes, yes. Thank you", Yaaba's friend said in a hurry.
"Shush! We don't even know him and you're in a hurry to enter his car", Yaaba reprimanded her friend without even acknowledging LeRoy.
LeRoy chuckled. "Lol, I'm just offering my help. If you don't want to come, fine. Stay here till the rain turns you to a wretched thing."
LeRoy wasn't one to beg anyone. He wasn't doing anything bad. He was just offering his help. He turned to walk to his car when he heard,
"Wait. Please wait. I'm sorry. It's just that we're in a scary world and we don't know if anyone is good and we can't just enter your car but in this circumstance, we will be grateful if you............" Yaaba was blabbering.
Mira pinched her, "Shut up, Yaabs. You're talking too much."
"Ouch, it hurts." Yaaba rubbed where Mira pinched.
LeRoy was amused. " I would like to chitchat with you ladies but the rain is coming down heavily so either we get to my car or I leave you guys here. Pick your choice."
Mira said, "Relax, we're coming."
The ladies followed LeRoy to his car.
"Thank you very much for your help. I'm Mira by the way and this is my friend, Yaabs"
Yaaba whispered to Mira, "I could have mentioned my name you know."
Mira whispered back to Yaaba, "Kmftd."
LeRoy was amused by their interaction.
"I'm Roy and he's Selasi."
"Nice to meet you guys."
"Likewise."

Mira

Mira

_________________________________
Attachè - attached.
Kmftd - a playful attempt of insult, komot for there meaning leave there
Adey come - I'm coming
Wej me - Wait for me
Homestel - usually someone's home which has been turned into a hostel.
Dem dey bee mmom - They are beautiful though.

Not edited.

Kindly share, vote and comment.

❤️