What's Up?

Serwaa(Yaaba's coursemate and friend) in the MM.

Lectures had started and they were so tiring and confusing. Yaaba didn't go for orientation. 'What at all are they going orient us on there?'' You might not get a seat when you get there mpo.' 'I can't come and kill myself.'
But for lectures, she couldn't say she won't go. She had lectures in two different locations. She had some at Commercial Area and the rest adjacent the Business School. At least, she could walk from her Hall to the Commercial Area but the business school area was another hassle on its own so she had to resort to taking shuttles. And even with that one, the shuttles were always full and something she gets squished in it. She was just stressed.
'No one said University was like this' 'Everyone said University was fun and stress-free but this is too much'
She sighed.
Luckily for her, she was able to make an acquaintance in her class.
Her name is Serwaa Nyamekye. She was late for class one time and couldn't find a seat when she got to class. 'The shuttle delayed her.'
She scanned the class and saw an empty seat at the far end. She got there and asked the girl sitting close to that seat, "Excuse me, has this seat been taken?
"No."
"Oh okay. Thanks"
She sat down. After some seconds of silence, she realized she had to try and at least make some friends in class.
"Hi" "Hi"
Both ladies turned at the same time and said.
They laughed.
"Hi. I'm Yaaba Lawson."
"I'm Serwaa Nyamekye. Nice to meet you"
"Same here."

The lecturer entered the class and the class went silent.
"Hello guys."
"Hi Sir." "Hello Sir." Different responses came from the students.
"Welcome to DAD101 Introduction to Photography. If you pay attention to this class, I'm sure you'll be making your A easily."
..............................
Everyone walked out of the class. They were done for the day.
Serwaa said, "This class seems fun."
Yaaba nodded, "Oh yeah. I mean who doesn't like photography."
The girls giggled.
"What Hall are you in?"
"Oops, I didn't get a Hall so I'm in a hostel off campus. Evandy hostel. It's at Bomso."
"Oh cool. I'm at Africa Hall. So you can meet me there so we go to class together."
Serwaa smirked, "Or you can meet me at the shuttle bus stop at Commercial Area so we go together."
Yaaba face palmed. "Oh yeah, I didn't think of that."
Serwaa giggled.
The girls walked to the shuttle  bus stop to wait for a shuttle.
"I didn't know you come for lectures here." She heard someone say behind her. She turned and it was Roy. He was in his car.
Yaaba scowled, "I didn't know I was supposed to tell you everything."
LeRoy smirked, "Are you always angry at the world?"
Yaaba rolled her eyes.
"Eeish, who's that Yaaba?" Serwaa asked.
"A frenemy"
LeRoy laughed, "You're something else Yabs."
The sun was scorching and it seemed no shuttle was coming.
"You know, you guys can join me and I'll drop you off"
Serwaa hurriedly went to the car, "Thank you very much."
Yaaba stopped still and muttered, "Why are all my friends like that?'
She didn't want a recap of what went down the first time they met so she joined them in the car. She was about sitting at the back when LeRoy prompted her, "I'm not your driver so one of you has to sit in front."
Serwaa had already relaxed at the back so Yaaba had no other choice than to join LeRoy in the front. She rolled her eyes and sat down.
"Now was that so difficult".

____________________________
PS: Any word or sentence you see in Italics mean they're said like that in my country.

Not edited.

Kindly share, vote and comment.

❤️