New Faces (20)

Quote: "For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."

I woke up the next morning feeling happy. I didn't know if I should be but I was enjoying the perfect moment. My hands were intertwined with Eric who was sleeping beside me. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping since my eyes were closed.

Was I doing the right thing?

I didn't know if I should trust Eric but deep down I did. I wondered if I should tell him what I felt for him but I wasn't sure; more afraid of what his reaction would be.

I knew he was loving at times but I wasn't sure he loved me. The thought saddened me for a second.

Suddenly I felt someone kiss my cheek. I refused to open my eyes while Eric trailed kisses down to my neck. He stopped for a second. I slowly opened my eyes and not resisting a smile. Eric looked beautiful in the morning. His hair were ruffled and he looked cute. He smiled back at me. He kissed my cheek again. His elbow was supporting him as he was leaning over me.

"Morning," I whispered in a soft voice.

"I could watch you sleep forever," he whispered his lips against my skin of my cheek. He raised his head to stare at me. I instantly blushed.

"What are you staring at?" I asked.

"You," he said before glancing at my neck and shoulders. I was conscious all of a sudden. I followed his gaze down to the bruises and cuts which were almost healed. They still hurt sometimes.

"Do you want me to heal that?" he asked softly running a finger over a bruise on my shoulder. I winced before nodding my head.

"Ouch."

"Yes," I said. Eric removed his finger.

He leaned on top on me as I positioned my neck in a way so that my shoulders were exposed. I clutched at his left hand while he ran the fingers of his other hands on my bruises. He massaged my shoulder and the sides of my neck, his slender fingers warm against my cold skin. I closed my eyes as I felt myself relax. I ignored the pain it caused. I could feel a tingling sensation almost like energy pass through me. It hit me warm and soft. I kept my eyes closed.

He stopped massaging my shoulders. The pain was almost gone. I tried not to move. He kissed my shoulders slowly and softly. It didn't hurt nor did I wince. The bruise was probably gone. He switched to the bruises on the side of my neck. He massaged it slowly but it hurt. I cried out.

"Aaaah!" I winced opening my eyes. I gripped at his hand as the pain faded away slowly.

"Sssh. I'm sorry. Do you still want me to?" he asked placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I nodded my head because I didn't have the will to speak. This time he didn't massage my skin. He didn't even touch it but positioned his hand over my bruise. I felt the same tingling sensation. It hurt and I winced closing my eyes.

"Aaah," I cried out again.

I knew the bruise was gone. Eric touched my skin and it didn't hurt. He did the same with all the other bruises and cuts. I felt extremely relaxed by the time every single one of them were gone.

"Are there any more?" he whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes as his beautiful face came into vision. I shook my head.

"Are you okay now?"

"Y-yes," I stuttered as I nodded my head. Suddenly I was shivering. My body was cold. Eric laid back against the pillow.

"It's cold," I said rubbing my hands together. Eric who was staring at the ceiling looked at me for a second.