Sweet Temptations (7)

Quote: "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark." 

I ran a hand through my long hair which were falling over my shoulders in a tangled mess. My skin was extremely pale and I felt weak. But I knew I had to do this. I couldn't stay stuck here anymore. I had to find out where I was and in what kind of people. Were there other people too?

Except for Shane?

I rubbed my hand over the dust covered yet elegant mirror trying to see my reflection more properly. This mirror would look more beautiful without all this dust. I knew it was early morning when I had woken up once again to find myself in the strange room where I had encountered Shane. I had to go out otherwise I would get stuck here forever. Taking deep breaths I closed my hand on the doorknob preparing myself to open the door. I was afraid to what I would see.

Would I see Shane again?

Deep down I knew I wanted to see him no matter how nervous he made me feel. Maybe he could help me get back to Eric. I missed Eric terribly. His presence always made me feel comfortable and exceedingly secure. I should have just listened to him in the first place and gone back to my room. Then, none of this would have happened and I would still be with  him. But as stubborn as I was. I hadn't and now I was alone in the middle of nowhere.

One thing bothered me more than many and that was that Shane had called me by my name. I could say that I hadn't ever seen him in my life except for in the picture in Eric's room. Then how did he know my name? It was impossible to even imagine how he knew.

Gathering all my confidence I opened the door just to be hit by a cold blast of air. I shivered and looked down to see my faded and torn clothes. I was bare footed and I could clearly see the deep cuts on my feet which I had gained due to my sprinting in the forest to get away from those ugly men. I looked about wrapping my arms around me.

There was a colossal staircase to my left, it was beautifully carved and was made out of marble. To my right was a corridor with doors along the way. I gradually trudged towards the staircase taking small steps being careful not to hurt my poor feet. I stepped on to the staircase, it was a long way down. The marble felt awfully cold against my skin. I could see a huge hall at the end of the stairs something like a ball room. A huge gold and crystal chandelier hung just above my head. Its illuminating light captivating me. I could even slip here and die immediately.

I trembled at the thought.

"Hey, where are you going?" A male voice, Shane's, snapped me out of my daze. My stomach churned and a tingling sensation rose in my hands. I turned around to see him wearing a smirk on his face leaning against the wall of the room I had been in a while ago. I was amused at his  behavior.

"I was just..Uhh..." I stopped not knowing what to say.

"Wondering where you are?" He asked giving me a know-it-all face.

"Uhh..yes," I mumbled looking away from his striking green eyes.

"First let's get you dressed up then I'll show you around okay?"

"Sure." I said in a slow tone. I wanted to go down the staircase now but I knew I somehow had to wait.

Shane had left clothes for me on my bed well not really my bed but it was mine assuming I wasn't going to leave anytime soon. I fingered the lilac dress in my hand. It was incredibly soft and lovely. I was supposed to wear this? It would be torn in two minutes. I didn't really care much about my appearance anyway. I immediately changed into the dress. I could tell that it looked good on me. I set my hair as best as I could but it had no effect. My hair would always me a mess.