chapter x.

Y/N L/N

THE DAYS were growing colder as we started to near winter on Earth; our chance of survival relied on preparing for exposure rather than gathering enough food. I helped Jasper and Monty pick through and bag rations of nuts to hand out later.

Clarke was tasked with speaking to the Ark about winter preparations and I had hoped that there was something we could get our hands on. As we were bagging rations, Clarke exited the drop ship and asked if we had seen Dax, ready to send him in to speak with his family.

I watched Bellamy exit the drop ship, his hands in his coat pockets and eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Clarke followed Bellamy out, walking in our direction and approaching me carefully.

"Jaha found a supply depot not far from here," She informed us, but I had a feeling this was going elsewhere. "I need you to go with Bellamy and bring back what you can." She directed the order at me and I gave her a wary look.

"Clarke, I don't think-"

"Please, Y/N," Clarke begged. "I know you aren't on the best of terms, but we need someone in charge here." I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, waving goodbye to the boys before getting my things together.

Bellamy found me in the drop ship and asked me if I was ready; I only nodded in response before following him outside. Bellamy stopped to grab rations, taking a few handfuls and stuffing them into his bag.

"Bellamy, this is only a day trip. We don't need that many rations." Bellamy didn't look at me, but continued to stuff his bag and zip it up before slinging it over his shoulder.

"A lot can happen in a day."

I didn't say anything more, but started to lead the way, following Clarkes instructions as Bellamy followed closely behind.

As we neared the depot, I tried to make conversation with Bellamy, first asking him for a ration of nuts. "They're sending the first drop ship down soon," I tried, taking a handful of nuts and popping them into my mouth. "You can't avoid the Chancellor forever."

"I can try."

We came across a clearing full of ruins, water from the storm forming a small pond in the crater left behind. Both of us looked around, wondering where the depot could be, attempting to find a hidden entrance.

"Maybe he'll be lenient." I offered, but my attempts to convince him were futile.

"I shot the man, Y/N," He snapped, gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes. "He's not just going to forgive and forget."

I looked down at the ground, frustration building as he refused to give the idea a chance. Bellamy suggested we split up to find the door, keeping within shouting distance and I didn't argue.

Keeping my eyes to the ground, I scanned every inch to find the bunker door. After almost an hour of surveying the land, I had found one under a pile of leaves and called Bellamy over instantly.

Bellamy beat the door with his axe, breaking the lock and we heaved it open. Just by the look and smell of the place, we knew there was no way we could live down here for the winter. Bellamy started opening bins and shuffling through the damaged stuff.