chapter i.

Y/N L/N

THE METAL latch unhinged and the door opened suddenly as three armed guards stormed into the dark room. I put my hands up in protest as they reached for my arms and began to drag me out of the skybox.

"No, stop," I shouted as their grip on my arms tightened. "I still have one more day. You can't float me!"

My feet couldn't keep up as they marched down the corridor, my boots leaving a trail of skid marks. My heart was hammering against my chest because I wasn't ready to die. A woman asked the guards to stop and I felt a wave of relief.

"Please, I still have another day," I begged. The guards held me upright as the woman took out a syringe and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "You don't have to do this, please."

I felt a small pinch on my neck and the bright lights quickly faded as I felt myself losing consciousness. I could still hear the murmuring of their voices, but couldn't make out anything specific before I lost all awareness.

A violent convulsion brought me back to reality and my heart rate skyrocketed. Frantically looking around, I recognized fellow students from my Earth's class and tried to desperately catch someone's attention. I clutched my harness as the drop ship continued to convulse and pleaded to any higher being that we survive. The recording of Chancellor Jaha disconnected and we were on our own.

Alarms started going off as people continued to scream and shout, demanding to know what was happening. I grew relieved that everyone else was as confused as I was. But then again, no one knew what was happening to us and I began to panic. 

The drop ship landed, people began to unbuckle their seatbelts and head down to the lower level. I unbuckled my seatbelt with haste and followed everyone down the ladder. As the greater majority demanded the doors be opened, Clarke instantly protested.

"The air could be toxic." She argued. I pushed my way through the crowd to see who Clarke was trying to reason with. It didn't take long to figure out who it was. I wasn't the only one who had recognized him from his voice.

"Bellamy?"

The reunion of brother and sister was witnessed by the entire drop ship, everyone recalling the girl under the floor rumor. A private exchange was made between the siblings before Bellamy opened the drop ship door.

Octavia stepped out of the drop ship but once I looked past her, I couldn't focus on anything else. The ground was beautiful, absolutely breathtaking and so much more than I had imagined.

Out of the corner of my eye I watched Clarke dismount the drop ship, Finn following her with fervor. Being the last one to leave, I caught up with Clarke, assuming she had a plan.

"Any idea where we need to go?" I asked, hopeful Clarke knew what she was doing. Clarke scanned the map and brought her attention to the mountain peak ahead.

"That peak is Mount Weather," She eyeballed the map again. "There's a radiation soaked forest between us and safety."

Traveling through a radiation soaked forest with no prior knowledge didn't have a major appeal. Clarke grew annoyed the more she studied the map. "They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain."