chapter ix.

Y/N L/N

THE STORM had everyone scrambling inside the drop ship, the rain pelting against the metal. Raven was trying to contact Ark station, desperate to get a hold of Clarke's mother so they could save Finn.

Raven was starting to get frustrated, snapping at a girl asking a simple question. I assured Raven that she could do it, glancing over at Clarke as she surveyed Finn's condition.

Everyone started gathering around Raven as she continued to call out to Ark station. The thunder and wind were getting stronger, but we all heard another voice come through, identifying themselves.

Clarke reached out to her mother, asking for her help to treat Finn's wound. Clarke was approaching Finn, ready for her mother's advice when the Chancellor had asked if Wells was alive.

My heart ached for the man, having lost his son so early. Another voice came through the radio, one I hadn't recognized. "Is Y/N there? Is Y/N-" They had sounded helpless.

The voice was cut off by Clarke. "Mom, I need your help. Now." The man didn't speak again, but my curiosity was piqued.

I turned to Clarke, but she wasn't paying attention so I turned back to Raven. "Raven, do you know who that was?" I asked and she shook her head. "I don't have any family left on the Ark, so why is there someone asking about me?"

"Y/N, we don't have time for this," Clarke told me. "Mom, what do I need to do?"

The signal kept going in and out, her mother's voice sounding like static as the storm persisted. Clarke told Monroe to close the drop ship doors, the thunder and rain making it hard to hear anybody.

"We still have people out there," I reminded Clarke. "Bellamy, Jasper, and Monty aren't back yet either."

Clarke assured Octavia and me that they would find somewhere to ride out the storm, but it still didn't calm my nerves. Raven had brought Clarke a suture needle for Finn and that was the end of the conversation.

As Octavia went to find wire to close Finn's wound, Bellamy had returned and brought with him a surprise. Both Octavia and I weren't too happy to see that Bellamy had brought back the grounder who had taken Octavia.

"Bellamy, what are you doing?" Octavia asked him, almost hurt to see the grounder who had saved her beaten and bloody. "Getting revenge?"

"We're getting intel," He corrected. "Take him upstairs."

Bellamy heard Clarke's mother come through the radio and he hadn't seemed too pleased about it. Clarke tried to reason with him. "This isn't who we are, Bellamy."

"It is now."

I followed Octavia up the ladder of the drop ship, curious to see what Bellamy had planned for the grounder. Bellamy told his men to tighten the restraints on the man, assuming he'd kill us all if he got free.

"Bellamy, he was protecting me," Octavia attempted to convince her brother he wasn't a threat. "You didn't have to do this."

"This isn't about you, Octavia," Bellamy pointed to the grounder, showing off what he had done. I wanted to help the grounder; I believed Octavia when she said he protected her. "This is about Finn and Jasper. This is about Diggs and John and Roma."