Chapter 26: The Blood Moon Rises

Tsubaki stood at the desk with the Shikon Jewel that it was completely tainted by evil. She gazed at the two figures who were now together but found out she was pregnant with a half-breed child. She was angry at the moment. She didn't know their plan has failed because of Naraku's plot. After all, she tried to get this young priestess like Kagome Higurashi killed by the hands of the traitors but turned out the curse has been broken.

"Naraku, your plan didn't work. Kikyo was killed by Inuyasha and Kagome was fully alive again because of the half of her soul," Tsubaki said in anger.

Naraku, the man dressed in purple with long wavy black hair and dark scarlet eyes, appeared out of nowhere and he stood behind her without a word. He had a calm expression face, yet with an evil smirk on his face.

"Of course. Kikyo was such a fool well. Although, Kikyo has failed her mission to kill Kagome with her tragic death time," Naraku said with softened eyes.

"Naraku, Kagome is pregnant with a half-breed child. We cannot stand around and do nothing. There must be another way to steal their precious jewel shards!" Tsubaki argued, glaring at him.

Naraku smirked with an idea. "What if we'll wait until Lord Sesshomaru's child was born? There must be a brilliant idea about how to steal the child."

"And what is your idea, Naraku?" Tsubaki asked in a tone of voice.

He chuckles, smirking more. "You shall see, Tsubaki. I know someone has been replaced by Kagome."

***

It was the middle of the day when Kagome and Sesshomaru finally returned to Kaede's Village. Rin and Shippo were happy to see their so-called parents again. Although, after their wedding day, they adopted them to be their two pups. Kagome was happy to become their adoptive mother. When they adopted a small demon fox and a human girl, Kagome decided to tell them that she was pregnant with their youngest sibling. Sesshomaru doesn't mind at all. He couldn't help but smile softly.

"Hey, guys. I have some great news that you two will never gonna believe," Kagome said as she kneeled toward them.

"What is it, Kagome?" Rin asked her curiously.

She took a breath and say, "After we've adopted you both, you two are going to be the oldest siblings of this baby."

"You mean you're having a baby, Mama?" Shippo asked as Kagome nodded in response.

"That's great news, Mommy!" Rin exclaimed excitedly, hugging Kagome as she wrapped her arms around her neck. "We can't wait to meet our baby brother and sister!"

"Yeah! We're gonna be the best siblings ever!" Shippo exclaimed, too.

Kagome giggled with a smile. "I'm glad you two were looking forward to meeting your baby brother and sister," she said. "You two were going to be wonderful siblings."

Sesshomaru saw a familiar figure land towards him slowly. He knew it was his younger sister, Isabo, and her two pups, Kazuki and Tsuki.

"Brother, how is my new sister-in-law doing?" Isabo asked with a kind smile.

Sesshomaru smiled at her. "Kagome is doing well. I was looking forward to meeting my child," he told Isabo. "Kagome and I adopted Shippo and Rin after our wedding."

She smiled more. "That's great to hear. I bet my two pups will make friends with Shippo and Rin. I'm sure they'll be great cousins. And congrats for adopting the pups and being a father to your guys' unborn baby." 

He bowed down to her with his head. "Thank you, Isabo."

After this conversation, Isabo let Kazuki and Tsuki play with them for a while and went to go talk to Kagome as she walked toward her.