viii. Silver Linings... Sort of?

chapter eight
silver linings... sort of?

          RORY PLACED THE cool ice pack to her face, as she watched the nurse shut the curtains to her section of the infirmary. This one was different, compared to the one that she would usually visit. It looked a lot more like emergency room, that housed actual Kingsman Agents who had just returned from their respective missions.

          She felt kinda happy about the thought of getting the treatment of a real agent. For the first time, they weren't being treated like candidates. Everything was there — the adrenaline, the Mob, the very real threat of a bomb. All that was left was for Eggsy and Rory to have codenames, and it would've been an actual Kingsman mission.

          If she was going to be honest, ever since she was little, she always loved the concept of having one of those codenames. Galahad, Merlin, Arthur. At first, she had no idea what they mean — and she thought it was quite shit for someone's mum to call their son Galahad, which she told Harry, and earned a laugh from.

          But, after a while of reading a few Arthurian Legend novels, she came to the quick conclusion that they weren't weird. They were just ancient. The Twelve Knights of the Round Table. Then, it finally made sense. Every now and then, whenever she and Harry would go on their little lunch dates that she or her mum would schedule after school, she'd ask him who else's codename had been a famous knight.

          He told her — there was Percival, a cocky prat, Gawain, very good with knives, Lionell, he'd honestly never met him, Bedivere, a brilliant combatant, and Lancelot, a spot that would've been for Lee (and now filled by James).