xv. How They Shine for You

chapter twelve
how they shine for you

          IT WAS SAFE to say that today was making a plenty for firsts for the Kingsman household. At least, under the management of Merlin, that is.

          Today had been the first party they'd thrown during a recruitment process. The first time that Merlin had actually chosen willingly — without outside influence, mind you — to break the rules and not have anything planned for the day. The first makeshift spa that was held within the candidates' bunker, which Roxy had to think of last minute, in order to make sure that whatever commotion was going on in the dining room wouldn't be interrupted by her best friend.

          And, most importantly, the first time, in quite a while, that Harry Hart's hair had been strewn in different places. And it was not because of a mission. It was important to note that the man had been quite the perfectionist when it came to his lovely goddaughter and her impending birthday celebrations. He felt as if he'd failed a mission, when he realised that he forgot about it — for the first time in years — thanks to the whole Valentine debacle he'd been facing.

         Which was why he dedicated, emphasis on dedicated, himself to making sure that Roxy's plan to surprise her would go as smooth as silk. So, it was no surprise that he was extremely antsy about everything that had been going on in the dining room for the past hour.