ix. A Sight For Sore Eyes

chapter nine
a sight for sore eyes

          EIGHT MONTHS. Rory had religiously waited eight months, for Harry to wake up. It had even become part of her routine to even ask Merlin for updates. To see if there were any improvements, signs of movement, anything really. For months, on end, there was nothing. No changes, just an idle Harry on his bed. Just months of yearning for the words "he's awake" to finally settle her nerves.

          And, now, he was.

          She and Eggsy were finally at the other end of the Mansion, when they began to look for Harry's name on the placards by the door. Rory walked a bit further between the two, in the middle of the search, taking notice of all the different numbers and names of patients around them. Their names had been written in golden placards, carefully engraved in a calligraphic font — unlike before, when they'd only scribbled Aurora Louise Granger on a piece of paper, and stuck it on the wall with a piece of golden duct tape.

          They didn't even spell Louise right, just some janky Louis, and horrible penmanship. The disrespect.

          "Room Fifteen... " Rory had abruptly stopped. Her footsteps came to a halt, as she registered the number pinned on the wall.