v. Bang Bang Bang

chapter five
bang bang bang

          WEEKS HAD PASSED, and Harry was still in the hospital. He's been there for at least a while now, making it his third week today since he was injured. Training immediately resumed after their trip to the infirmary, and Rory — sticking true to her word — continued to be determined. She didn't necessarily take the words kill or be killed to a literal level, (unfortunately, it would be illegal to actually kill the other candidates), but, to a certain extent, the essence was still there. It was now more of all or nothing.

          And like hell, was she going to do nothing.

          Although she had to admit, the tests were hefty and brutal — which were exactly her style, but that wasn't what scared her the most. Most of them involved solving problems under pressure, while others left the candidates mercilessly in tears, out of pure frustration. She knew that it's been a while, since she felt this kind of rush. And somehow, it almost felt like a guilty pleasure. She liked it, but at the same time, she hated the fact that she did. The tests and simulations were almost too familiar for her. That's what scared her.

          "He's given no instructions, right?" She quietly asked, fumbling with her fingers in an attempt to keep herself busy while waiting. The door in front of them was sealed like a vault, which prevented any sound, smell, or sight of what was behind it, from escaping. It kept the entire simulation under wraps. And while Rory was determined, she couldn't help herself but be nervous. "Like, nothing at all, right?"