vi. Field Work

chapter six
field work

          RORY FELT HERSELF sink into the grim soil, dirt all over her cold sweaty face as she peered through the green lenses of her binoculars, in hopes of finding another victim to prey on. While her right ear was sizzling with the voices of her teammate's banters, her left kept a lookout for anyone unwanted out in the woods. Unlike the two dipshits, she was actually brave enough to go on a lone man mission. She was a one-woman army — an army more than Eggsy and Charlie combined.

          "New target, 800 meters." Charlie lowly announced through the comms, his eyes sending a non-verbal approval to Rory from the other side of the field, as she hummed in agreement.

          She fumbled for her gun. "Roger that."

          Carefully, she rose from where she was knelt and slowly made her way on to the other end of the forest. Her boots lightly tapped against the soil, trying her best not to leave a trail as she stepped onto some stones in an attempt to lessen her footprints.

          "You know, it's unbelievable." He continued, as Rory peeped through her scope once more, catching a sight of Roxy — attached to a big balloon. "You're still here, lingering like some big, steaming shit that just won't flush."