"If you do something to her, I'll kill you!"

* * *

"Mr. Sullivan, wake up!" My calculus teacher said as he shook me.

I fluttered my eyes open and was astonished to see everyone's attention on me. It was then that I realized that I just fell asleep, unintentionally.

I got stuck until four o' clock in the morning looking for some documents that were relevant to the problem I needed and wanted to solve. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful to find anything. I was up all night for nothing.

I barely had any sleep not only because of that but also for the fact that I wasn't able to doze off even I'd shut my eyes close. I was still distracted by everything that was happening in my life right now.

I was annoyed at the fact that my unbearable problems kept on piling up as time passed by. I didn't know how to deal with them already. It was as if my misfortunes were unending. This was frustrating.

"In math, all problems are solvable but in real life, I don't think so. An example of that is your sleeping problems, your highness. You better start being responsible now so that in the future, you won't regret anything." He warned threateningly. I wanted to defend myself but I knew for a fact that he wouldn't believe me. I'd already done this thing before, so many times, so it was quite obvious that he would consider this one as one of those times.

The bell rang not a minute after that so everyone began rushing out of the room for the next class. On the contrary, I wasn't in the mood for it yet so I took my time packing up my things. In fact, I was the last one to leave the room.

I walked through the hallway, oblivious of everything around me. My attention was fully focused on the dream that I just had a while ago.

Actually, it was a terrible nightmare that I shouldn't have in my sleep. I couldn't muster up any reason for me to have a recollection of something insignificant though capricious that occurred in my life. It just brought back old memories that I preferred to be forgotten.

"Hey, are you alright?"

I glanced at the person who brought me back to reality. It was Sarah and I was surprised that she approached me despite of our misunderstandings. I suddenly felt hopeful that my efforts might still fix something.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?" I queried. She suddenly held my head without any permission from me. I was taken aback.

"Hmm, that's something I should do after waking up and not seeing you in bed. You should've been resting but where did you go anyways?" She replied.

I forgot that she fell asleep in my room because she took care of me while I was sick yesterday. I hadn't have the chance to check up on her because I chose to sleep in my grandmother's office. I was just too tired to even move a limb. Sadly, it didn't help me to fall asleep quickly.

"It's somewhere you don't need to know. Besides, I'm alright now so thank you for yesterday." I smiled at her then I paced away.

I knew that I just blew off the chance that I had to reconcile with Sarah when I chose to ignore the fact that she finally casually approached me but that wasn't important right now. I thought that I should bring things back to normal first before anything else.

* * *

The end of this day finally came. Students were now fixing their things before they head home. I did the same then I went straight to my car.

I'd decided to drive myself for the time being especially that Sarah was still a bit uncomfortable whenever I was around. Besides, I was doing it even before it was just that a lot of things happened that made my father oblige me to ride with her and a bodyguard. He said that it would be for my safety. Though for me, it looked like he was doing it to ensure the public that everything was okay.