Chapter 9

Cedrick's P.O.V.

After eating with Sarah, I immediately went to my friends so that they wouldn't be suspicious. I noticed that Roxanne left already for class which was unusual because she always dislikes being too early for something especially when it involves school.

"So Ced, how was your first night? Did you fucked the girl already" My best friend, Nico, greeted mockingly. I slapped him on the back playfully which made him moan in pain but it sounded more like a goat being choked.

"Shut up! The elders didn't let us share a room yet because we're still young and immature according to them." I explained. I didn't know why but I felt sad and disappointed with that idea. Don't get me wrong but I just thought that she will be a good source of entertainment before I can fall asleep.

"Well, that's sad. I thought that I'll be an uncle already but it seems that you're going to brake my heart." He faked a cry which made me slap him again.

"I'm still not in favor of you marrying that poor girl 'cause who knows if she's just using you to become rich or -" My other friend, Slater, said. I cut him off before he can finish his statement.

Anger took over me so I held his necktie tightly. The other boys prevented me from causing a ruckus between us by pulling us away from each other. We attracted the attention of everyone in the cafeteria and everyone looked at us intently, anticipating on what will happen next. I chose to calm down then I removed their grip on my arms.

Slater just crossed the line. I know that he was technically right because Sarah indeed married me to pay off her parent's debts but even I would do the same if I was in her position. The opportunity was already given to her so why not grab it and take advantage of it right?

Sarah proved to me that she didn't have any intention of using me forever. She befriended me not for my wealth and power but because she really wanted to; I will not let anyone insult her that way again.

"Don't ever say that again 'cause you don't know her. Just keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say." I said through gritted teeth. I gave him one last glare then I left.

Many were whispering and asking one another what did we fight about and it was good that they didn't know the real reason behind because I don't want them to blame Sarah for that.

I was really irritated that time which made me push the guy who was blocking the door. I didn't have time to apologize because I just wanted to get out of that place.

The bell rang which meant that lunch finally ended. Students began to fill the corridors and I was glad that they already didn't mind what happened a while ago. I headed to my locker to get my things for the third period.

I went to the classroom and the room was almost filled. Annoyance was still evident on my face but when I saw Sarah, a small smile suddenly crept out of my face. I noticed that she looked problematic and sad; maybe because I left her a while ago?

I was about to approach her but I heard someone calling me. I turned around and it was Roxanne. She asked me to sit beside her so I did what she said. I glanced at Sarah who was also looking at me but she avoided my stare and returned to scribbling some notes.

I was deep in my thoughts when I realized that Roxanne was talking to me. I looked at her and gave her a toothless smile but she just rolled her eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows then I tried to get her attention.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something." I reasoned out.

"Who? Me?" She joked. I letted out a halfhearted laugh because it wasn't funny at all. I know that I sounded like a jerk right now but I just don't like to make the girl feel sad.