Chapter 15

Sarah's P.O.V.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

He was reminiscing something and his forehead was creased. He was playing with his fingers and his eyes were filled with loneliness.

I couldn't say anything that would make up his mood because I didn't even know the feeling of losing someone important to me especially if that someone was a sibling of mine. Heck, I didn't even have one!

"I'm the reason why he died. He -" His phone suddenly rang and it interrupted him. He went onto the balcony as he answered the phone. I decided to leave him first and I headed to my room.

It was only three in the afternoon and the day was still young. I decided to dress myself into something more comfortable so I grabbed a pair of sweats and a big shirt. I changed into those then I tied my hair into a loose bun. I took my laptop from my bag then I jumped into my bed.

I surfed the net and I searched for news articles about the recent happenings in my country. The results shown were mostly about Cedrick and Roxanne's trip to the amusement park and my recent accident. I finally understood why the queen put much attention to these; they badmouthed Cedrick and the royal family.

According to one of the articles, Cedrick could be the downfall of our country. He was untrustworthy and he violated the Christian belief of this nation. He was also a playboy since then and only a nuisance to everyone.

Some articles said that Cedrick should be dethroned from his position as crown prince which I found a bit harsh. They didn't even know what really happened and now they already wanted him to be stripped out of his position? Wasn't that unfair?

I continued reading the others and all of them contained negative reports. When I finally felt uncomfortable, I stopped browsing the pages. I turned off my laptop then I laid it on my bed.

I lied down and I stared at the chandelier above me. I noticed that some of the crystal ornaments hanging from it were already dusty. I suddenly thought of wiping the dirt off but then I decided against it. It just might fall on me and I wouldn't know what could happen next. Another accident at this time would just heighten the queen's anger. It might just allow her to burst and I wouldn't want that to happen 'cause that would be disgusting.

I was deep in my thoughts when someone suddenly knocked. After coupling the action, the person went in. It was Ms. Lisa.

I rose from my bed and I approached her. She was wearing a small smile on her face but it was barely noticeable. I warmly smiled at her to show some courtesy.

"Hi, is there something I can do for you?" I inquired then she nodded in agreement.

"Yes, your highness, there is something the queen wants you to do. It is almost seven so she requested you and the prince to have your dinner together with them. I came here to inform you about that and to help you dress up." She said.

It was a bummer that we were having dinner together tonight. Because of that, I would be required to wear a suitable kind of clothing for a princess which according to them was a dress, gown, or anything girly.

I was able to ignore that rule most of the time, when we didn't need to talk to any of the royal elders, though some of the maidservants were looking at me with fear and worry. I just asked them to keep quiet and leave those incidents behind.

Ms. Lisa searched my entire wardrobe for the perfect dress for tonight. After five minutes of scanning, she finally found a strapless silk dress which was pink in color.

She handed it to me together with a white leather jacket. I changed into those then I wore a pair of white heels.

She curled my hair then she placed a flower designed hairpin on it, right above my left ear.