Chapter 11

Sarah's P.O.V.

It's Friday already and everyone in the palace became busy these past few days in preparing everything for the upcoming visit of the prime minister. The highnesses organized a dinner tomorrow with him and his family because they need to discuss some issues regarding Monte Carolina.

Cedrick and I were asked to prepare the menu for tomorrow so we were busy with it a while ago. We were arguing about it because he wanted something healthy and classy and I liked the opposite so we ended up being assigned to another task which was choosing the tableware.

This time, we accomplished it faster than before because we wanted the same kind which was the white one with a golden rim. It was simple and elegant so it caught our attention easily and we also thought that it suits the occasion best than the other choices.

After we picked the dish ware for tomorrow, Ms. Lisa oriented me about the prime minister. I learned that he was appointed to manage the financial affairs of the country and he holds the army. He also helps the king in leading the country and they work together in legalizing rules and laws. Unlike the royal family, who works on almost everything especially the culture and tourists, the prime minister is more on the business and defense aspect of the country like what I said before.

He also has a son who also takes interest in becoming a public official in the future. This is the reason why he would be with us tomorrow because according to what Ms. Lisa said, this will make him aware of the work that he will be facing if ever he pursue his ambition.

After the orientation, I had my horseback riding lessons together with Cedrick. It wasn't new to him so he was able to control the horse faster than I did. He also had a chance to run a few laps and on the other hand, I was left with the instructor, still struggling with my new friend, Rider.

At first, I thought that he was kinder and easier to be handled than the other horse but I was wrong. This one was very stubborn and hardheaded. I was about to give up but the instructor insisted me on trying so I rode again.

"You're doing well, Princess!" The instructor praised me.

"Of course, I do!" I heard Cedrick snorted and I glared at him. He was now beside me because he just accomplished another lap and he coincidentally heard the instructor praising me that was why he mocked me through making a sound. He was just jealous that I was the one who got the praise and not him. He's really good at making someone frustrated. I wonder how did the people present since he was born tolerated his intolerable behavior. Ironic as it sounds but that's how you can describe him.

"I'll let go of the rope now so you can learn how to handle this horse alone." The instructor informed. Before I can refuse, he already removed his hold from the rope that made him control the horse. I wanted to scream but I remembered that I shouldn't do anything that would scare the horses because if I do, I'll surely have a broken arm or leg before this day ends.

I was glad that the ride was smooth and I was able to manipulate the horse properly. I was halfway through the other side when Rider acted maniacally. He started moving around in circles and he snorted, worse than what Cedrick did. I tried to calm him down by rubbing the side of his face but it just made everything worse.

Rider began running around the place and I already didn't know what to do. I held tightly on the rope and I can't prevent myself from screaming due to my state at the moment.

"Sarah! Pull the rope that you're holding onto!" Cedrick shouted from afar. I did what he said and the horse finally behaved. I sighed in relief and tears began streaming down my face. I was scared and traumatized at the same time. I can't move and I can feel my heart beating faster like it will burst any moment soon.