Hello..

Sophie woke up the next morning and, surprisingly, wasn't greeted by maids forced to get her ready. The servants back home were always like that.

She wasn't complaining, however. It was nice to be given her space.

Stretching her legs, she walked into a closet and picked out her outfit.

A navy blue, flowing, dress caught her eye. The fabric had a collar connected to it, the underside revealed white when she flipped it over. It had a white silk sash that she tied around her waist. It wasn't long but went to her knees. The skirt fanned out and made an hourglass shaped figure.

She braided her hair into two simple dutch braids and put on a pair of heels.

Sophie turned the corner and ran straight into a wall of fabric. A tall boy with blonde hair and ice-blue eyes, to be exact.

The princess fell onto the floor with a thud before beginning to raise her voice.

"You need to watch where you're-" she looked up at the boy. "-going?"

"My apologies. I should have been more careful." He held out a gloved hand, offering it to Sophie and helping her up.

Silence washed through the hall as he stared at her, puzzled.

"I got it!" He finally broke the silence with his loud and enthusiastic voice. "You're a new maid. Getting used to the castle eh? Although..you're not freaking out over my looks and wits. And you're very well dressed... a lady in waiting perhaps?"

"I-." Sophie began but was cut off by his arrogance.

"Prince Keefe Sencen. First, and only, in line for the throne of the kingdom of Candle-shade. Pleased to meet you."

"Uhhh..." Sophie said as he got down and kissed her hand, looking up at her with a smirk.

"And you?" He asked when he got up and she backed away.

Sophie gathered the sides of her skirt and curtsied. "Princes Sophie Ruewen of Havenfield."

His eyes went wide.

"Princess?! How could I just now be hearing of the princess of one of the biggest kingdoms? Ever. What are you doing here?"

"I never wished for there to be a fuss made about me." She ignored his question completely.

"Excuse my rudeness, but I thought you died in a fire years ago."

She was taken aback by his boldness. "I'm adopted."

He went silent with shock. His face painted with a look that spelled "oh shoot, I messed up."

"Now if you'll excuse me," Sophie walked past him. "I have to meet with the-!"

"Prince for breakfast?" Keefe finished her sentence with her, mimicking her voice exactly.

She turned and stared at him with shock. "Yes. The prince. Good day, your highness."

Her heels clicked as she walked down the hall, hoping to find a maid and ask for directions.

"Lost already?" The arrogant prince said behind her. "I could help you. Although, I'm surprised you're meeting with the prince. He normally only eats with his loved ones."

"Yeah?" Sophie grabbed his collar and pushed him back. "Then why are you going?"

"Oooooo~." He said. "Kitty's got sass."

She tapped her foot waiting for an answer.

"Fine. I just so happen to be our Fitzypoos best friend. I'm going with you. You don't wanna be late. Let's go."