A Promise Kept

Hey y'all... so it's been a week...

OKAY I'm SORRYYYYYY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A WEEEEK!

I got busy and I dyed my hair and it was Christmas and then it was New Years and- a lot happened.

As punishment, I will let y'all decide a special thing, as in a Q & A or special chapter or whatever. And yes, I love doing them so I ask a lot, sue me.

Anyways, I'm sorry and on with the chapter!

Fitz cleared his throat. "Uhh, pardon?"

"Hm?" Sophie asked. "OH! I didn't mean like, soon soon. I mean, unless you want to then I mean-!"

"I would love to marry you, Sophie, trust me. But I'm afraid it's too soon. Ironic, I know, considering we were pushing back our wedding. But there's so much going on right now that we need to take a step back and sort this mess out."

"You're right I just..my father was able to drag me away because I didn't originally reside here. But if we get married I can, or... we can make our own kingdom. But engaging won't cut it any longer."

"I know," he brushed some hair behind her ear. "Believe me it takes a lot in me to not sweep you off your feet and kiss you, especially now. But we wouldn't even have a proper wedding ready, nor your gown or anything of the sort. Besides, I can't leave Everglen. I'm next in line for the throne, once my parents decide I'm ready,"

"Fitz can we just...when do you think the soonest possible time is?"

"Two weeks to a month at least. But wait, since when were you such an eager beaver? Havenfield really messed with you, huh?"

"More than you know," she muttered to herself. "I'm just afraid. I don't want to lose you, my friends.. I know I sound childish, begging for something to happen that I'm not even fully sure I want to. But it needs to happen. I... I need you."

His cheeks turned slightly pink, and she could feel her own face burn. She was speaking from her heart, completely ignoring common sense.

She bowed her head to hide her embarrassment.

"I-I will see what I can do," he walked over to her and lifted her chin gently, pressing his lips to hers.

The kiss was so sudden that she almost fell backwards. In fact, she did, but a table supplied a place for her to put her hands on and regain her balance.

When they broke apart, her face was even more red. Of course they had kissed before, but Sophie always found a way to get embarrassed.

She buried her face in his chest, trying to hide.

A sudden wave on tiredness washed over her and she yawned.

"You should get some rest," Fitz brushed his thumb against her cheek. "I'll inform everyone you're here,"

She nodded, walking off to her room.

When Sophie's dream started, she felt like she was still awake. She was on her bed, holding Ella in her arms.

What was different was her room.

The walls, floor, windows, everything became one shade, one block, of black.

Afraid She might fall, she grabbed Ella tighter. She slowly slid off the bed.

Her suspicions were confirmed when she began to fall. She wanted to scream, but her voice disintegrated, leaving her with nothing but the noise of wind rushing in and out of her ears.