2/17

"Class dismissed," the teacher said, closing her folder. The students in the classroom had cleared all of their practice materials prior and the teacher's permission was the last thing they needed to be able to rush out of the room, excited for their break in the middle of the day.

Jaemin tucked his faded coral hair behind his ear and stood up less recklessly than the others. He smiled when he felt his long silver moon earring dangle and tap against the side of his neck. Before he could pull up his bookbag to slide it onto his shoulders, someone spoke up next to him.

"Hi, Nana!" A cheery voice chirped. Jaemin looked up and smiled at the boy in front of him.

It was his friend Chenle, a Chinese boy a couple years younger than him. He was about the same height as Jaemin himself, with strikingly black short hair that fit him very well. The two weren't that close, but they had gone out for lunch a couple times before and discussed some things over a small meal as classmates. They treated each other well, and besides Jeno and Renjun, Chenle was really the only other person he could call a friend.

Jaemin put on his bookbag, slipping his arms into both straps. "Hi Lele. What's up?"

"Wanna get lunch together? I'm craving some company today," Chenle requested, smiling expectantly as he gripped onto the strap of his crossbody bag he used for academics.

Jaemin didn't know how he could possibly refuse his junior, especially when he had such a bright smile on his face. He nodded and led them out of the room, Chenle quietly hopping around in celebration and following.

It took them about ten minutes to exit the university grounds and walk across the street to a busy sandwich shop that hooked around the corner. 

They didn't hesitate to stand their place in line as soon as they entered the shop, because they knew it would be a bit before they could order and eat. They'd been here a couple times before, and although it took some time to get their food, it was worth the wait for wonderfully made sandwiches that kept them fed throughout the rest of the day.

Chenle struck up conversation once they moved one or two spots up the line. "So Jaemin," he smirked, "Are you dating anyone?"

For a second Jaemin froze, his men at the cafe popping into his face. He shook off the thought, shaking his head as he turned it to look at his friend. "Zhong Chenle," he smiled back playfully. "Are you flirting with me?' he teased.

Laughing, Chenle slapped Jaemin's shoulder. "You know I have the most massive crush on that aggravating tall bitch Jisungie. I'm asking you because you looked so cute with those two men from the bakery."

"How do you know about Renjun and Jeno?" Jaemin's eyes widened in surprise.

Chenle let out a sigh of disbelief, looking at his friend with an almost skeptical look. "Nana, you haven't seen the video going around lately? Everyone and their second half-cousin thrice removed knows about the hot couple at Coff-Lee and how they kissed a mysterious person named Jaemin at the Valentine's Day festival a couple days ago."

The look of shock on Jaemin's face encased him completely, but the information that Chenle had just given him also provided a lot of answers for the recent events.

He looked forward, moving up in line. There were only a couple more people in front of them.

"So, how's it going with them?" Chenle nudged him with an elbow.

Jaemin sighed, "I don't know."

"What d you mean you don't know? What's up? You can tell me, you know," He offered a comforting smile, interlocking his arm with Jaemin's.

"Well, I think I like both of them. I fell for them, so hard," Jaemin chuckled, then frowned. "But they're dating each other, and I don't know whether they like me back. I don't want to take the chance of causing their breakup."

Chenle shook his head, frowning at Jaemin's doubts. "You three are adults. With proper communication, even if you confess to the two of them nothing will happen if they aren't interested in you. However, I think they totally like you back."

"Really?" Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows in hope.

Energetically nodding his head, Chenle nodded. "Of course! I saw the video, and all of the reactions and comments from people. We all know they're whipped for you. Both of them."

A blush crept up on Jaemin's cheeks and he would've been lying if he said that the idea of the two reciprocating his feelings didn't make him feel some kind of way. A fluttery, light feeling that felt pretty good if he had to admit it.

"What do you think I should do, then?" Jaemin asked.

"Confess! Or give them hints, at least," Chenle replied. "If they respond to your flirting, you know, flirt back, then you could start progressing your relationships!"

Jaemin bit on his bottom lip in thought, pondering the idea. Finally, he nodded, "Okay, I'll try it out." Chenle excitedly clapped his hands together in response.

The two of them were cut from their conversation by the cashier standing behind the counter that had cleared their throat. Quickly they realized that they were next in line.

"Let's order, yeah?" Jaemin chuckled, stepping up to the counter with Chenle nodding next to him.

a/n

short chapter but still prominent, so stay tuned for some fun flirting times haha!