2/3

Here he was, once again at the ripe hour of eight, waiting for somebody to fix up his coffee. Jaemin hadn't see Jeno nor Renjun today, neither of them of were at the register this morning. He had come inside with hope in his heart that he would get to see at least one of them, but it didn't look like he would get to be blessed by their presence today.

Sighing, he slumped his face into his coat collar, hiding in the deep purple color as he peered out to watch the cars slowly travel across the road on this slow passing day. One of the cars drove up to the sidewalk where the cafe was, and parked in a comfortable place. Inside the grey Nissan he saw a couple leaning over to kiss in the front seats. Jaemin's eyes widened when he distinguished their faces, the couple being no other than Renjun and Jeno.

Even though he told himself that he would look away, Jaemin found himself unable to pry his eyes off of the two as they shared a passionate kiss. He watched as Jeno brought his hand up to cup Renjun's cheek as they deepened the kiss. Jaemin wanted Jeno to hold him like that. He watched as Renjun rested his arms on Jeno's shoulders in a comfortable and casual manner. Jaemin wanted Renjun to hold him like that.

Jaemin snapped out of his thoughts, but still couldn't look away from the exchange. He had keep his head straight, stop thinking about these impossible things. If the couple knew what he was thinking about just now, it would only cause problems between them. Who was he to ruin their happiness when the deserve the whole world and more together?

He watched as the two pulled away from the kiss slowly and looked into each other's eyes with huge smiles on their faces. Jaemin hadn't noticed but his fists were clenched and his chin was collecting sweat droplets from the hot, heavy breaths he was letting out from inside his coat. He couldn't understand this feeling he was having, it was consuming him as a whole and it didn't let his brain think properly. Not one day passed in the past week where either Jeno, Renjun or both of them hadn't crossed his mind and tortured his thoughts until he was stuck too deep in confusion and feelings he'd never experienced before.

With a sigh, he uncovered his face and wiped the moisture on his skin. Somehow his eyes had drifted off to stare at the concrete sidewalk outside, but when he stopped internally scolding himself they traveled back to the kissing men. They were at it again, slowly but smoothly sharing a series of long kisses that they seemed to be enjoying way too much.

The last thing he was expecting to happen was as he watched the two kissing each other, he had caught one of their eyes. Jeno seemed to open his eyes and accidentally see Jaemin staring at the couple, which caused the embarrassment from getting caught staring to visibly flow through the younger. Jaemin wanted to look away and suffer from this alone, but Jeno wouldn't look away. After Jeno had first caught eyes with Jaemin, he only continued his make-out session with his boyfriend, never dropping the eye contact he was holding.

The gaze that the older held was inescapable. As much as Jaemin wanted to ruin this moment they were having, he continued being sucked into the depths of those dark brown orbs, further and further. The look Jeno was giving him drove him insane, and he could barely even question why this was happening because his mind went blank. The only thing he could focus on was Jeno and Renjun, there was no room left for any other things to enter his head.

They kept at this for a couple minutes, although to Jaemin it felt like a year had passed before the two in the car finally broke off their steady pace and pulled away. It was a painfully slow parting, and even now Jeno still had his eyes on him. At last, Jeno looked away from the observer to smile at his boyfriend. Jaemin could see them engaged in a conversation, so he took the moment to his advantage.

This was the perfect time to leave, walk away from the situation and hope that the next time he crossed the two boys' path they wouldn't argue with him for what happened. Even better if they forget about it completely.

Jaemin stood up, not bothering to zipper his coat as he walked towards the door of the cafe. With one swift motion, he pulled the door open and swung himself to the opposite side of the car that he dreaded to ever see again. His legs were moving as fast as they could without him having to run, because being caught literally running away was the most cowardly embarrassing thing he was able to do right now. He was running away, but his legs were not racing quite like his heart was.

Once he was far enough from the two, he let out a deep breath and stuck his balled up hands in the pockets of his coat. Only now he remembered the americano he left behind at the cafe, which he was reminded about by the growling in his stomach. After all that had just happened, he absolutely couldn't return to the place. Not now, not in the next few days and definitely not until he at least thought that he could look at either of his so called friends in the eyes without feeling guilty.

Simply put, he decided on something that seemed the best for the three of them and their relationship.