2/7

It was crazy how blank Jaemin's mind was right now. For the past ten minutes he'd been staring at his half finished report on 1950s fashion trends, unable to function properly. If he had write one more thing about the physics of poodle skirts or how to compose the perfect greaser outfit, he was going to explode. The low buzzing of the living room television playing a random show in front of him filled up his empty brain, but radio silence was all that he got from it.

He leaned back in his position on the floor, resting his head against his sofa that he sat in front of. The laptop that rested on the small wooden coffee table he was sitting at glared down on him, and he couldn't tell if it was out of pity or disappointment.

There was suddenly a sound that startled him from his dazed state. Three slow, precise knocks struck the outside of Jaemin's front door, ringing throughout the weak and hollow wood.

Scrambling up, Jaemin was quick on his feet and walked up to the door. He didn't bother checking his appearance since it was probably a postman about to hand him the new fabrics he had ordered some time ago for one of his classes. Ruffling his hair, he opened the door with a yawn and took his time looking up at the person standing in front of him. He froze when he saw who it was, immediately regretting not making himself look presentable before coming to the door.

"Hey, Minnie," Jeno smiled at him, standing in the shallow shine of the streetlight nearby. The older looked breathtakingly as usual. His hair was swept to either side, a slight frizz to his illuminated strands that made it obvious he'd showered recently. Jeno's toned body was cuddled up in a thick sweater with a black coat on top, slightly baggy sweatpants and grey sneakers adorning his lower half. He had a large small white bag in his hands, holding it with the tips of his fingers but still having a firm grip on the string handles.

On the other hand, Jaemin was dress in an oversized yellow graphic tee shirt with an image of a frowny face scribbled in the center. The sleeves reached up to his elbows, and the collar was large, exposing some of his shoulder and collarbone as it loosely hung on Jaemin's shoulders. The plain pajama pants that were tied around his hips went up to his ankles, fitting his slim legs until they stopped at his grey matching socks. There were no earring hands from his ears, and any makeup that might have been on his face that day was washed off. His messy bright cotton candy hair that stuck up in every direction contributed to the homeless aesthetic he was vibing with at the moment.

"J-jeno!" Jaemin laughed nervously, trying to fix up his hair discreetly, "What are you doing here at my house? And this late?"

Jeno shrugged, trying not to laugh at Jaemin's haste, "I have something to talk to you about."

"Ah- ah yes. You must be cold, come inside and we can talk about it over a drink," Jaemin flashed a lopsided smile, opening the door wider so Jeno could enter the apartment. After his guest had came in, Jaemin gently closed the front door and walked over to the kitchen, gesturing Jeno to do the same. Jaemin turned on the light in the small room, pointing to the circular table that was next to the only window in the room. It had a nice view of the brick wall of the neighboring apartment building.

Jeno took a seat at one of the two stools next to the table, placing the bag on the tiled floor next to him. As he looked around, he felt impressed by the younger man. It was a really small room, but somehow the other had made it feel homey. Along with the nice feeling in Jaemin's kitchen, Jeno had to internally frown at the growing pile of dirty dishes in the sink and the unhealthy amount of takeout containers in the garbage bin that hid in the corner. Peeking back into the living room, he could see several piles of junk and clutter here and there. It wasn't messy to an extreme, but it still made Jeno worried at how little Jaemin had control of how he lived. He wondered if the man even had time to think about cleaning up the clutter in his house.