Chapter 10 The unexpected

Renesmee's POV:

The dark can be terrifying, when you know your love is in there somewhere. I left the house making the most of the freedom i had. I told Jacob to meet me on the path. As i was trudging through th muddy floor covered i a blanket of moss, i saw a male figure in the mist. My heart skipped a beat the way it always did when i was near Jake. I ran to the large figure, only to realise it was crouched over and trembleing. This couldn't be my Jakey. I stopped with a squelch from the floor.

"Nessie?" This was not Jake; it was my dad, ripples of anger rushing through his spine.

"dad" i said shocked

"I know exactally what your thinking Jacob" He growled

"Edward, its fine why do you do this all the time?" Jacob said limping toward us. I ran over to Jake and clung to his elbow, which was colder than usual.

I shook Jake as hard as I could but he hardly flinched.

"Stop it both of you!" my voice broke twice

"Nessie" Jacob choked "you have no idea what I am going through. You do not know what the pain, the agony" he trailed off "but I guess you will find out soon enough" he turned to Edward frigidly. I sighed a bit too loudly causing both males to turn and gawp at me. "I'm only human. I forget you have super sonic ears." Edward chuckled and another shiver went down Jakes back. I reached out my arm to him " Jake" I sobbed my eyes filling with tears. I couldn't bear to see him like this. "Why are you mad?" that was a stupid question I'm sure. "You know why Nessie" he scowled at me. Edward took me away from Jake and rapped his arm around my waist then Jake came nearer. "DAD!" he turned to me shocked

 "Dad?" I looked at the sky for an answer. 

Jake lifted his strong shuddering neck up toward the treetops and breathed in heavily. He shook his whole body and burst into the air sending me to the insect ridden floor. "Jake!" i screamed. My dad was gone to before i could blink.

I picked myself up and brushed of the green dirt. "If this is the life of a Wolf's girlfriend...." I muttered to myself. Girlfriend. It sounds so; fake not like love more like a title. There isn't really a word to describe Jake and I, I am sort of glad for that. I reached them. Jake was on the floor! My dad was beating him up! I automatically ran to him but as soon as I thought I had reached him he wasn't there. I stopped with a skid and fell on my face in the mushy moss. Both super naturals ran to me Jacob now in his human form. My dad flung Jake away as soon as he reached me. I didn't know who to be mad at. "Nessie?" My Dad was waving his hand in my face. "Why?" Jake stalked over to us.

"Why what?" they both asked

"Nothing, get me up" within half a second I was on my feet. "At human speed I meant." I glared at My Dad furiously.

I peered at Jacob. He was covered in blood and bruises also not wearing any clothes.

"Dad! Blood!" I warned him and put my hands over my eyes so I couldn't see any of Jake that I shouldn't. Dad chuckled

"How's that funny?" I begged

"I'm fine" but I was more concerned about Jake. I waddled over to him my jeans were soaked through with mud.

"Jake?" my voice broke again and I collapsed on the floor.

When I woke up it seemed like everyone was shouting at each other. My bed was very warm. Much warmer than it usually is. I dashed a look to the other side of my bed; Jakes arms were resting on the edge, his head in his hands. I sat up and leaned over him. I listened to him breathing. It was even and he wasn't asleep as I thought he was. He looked up at me.

"Hey Ness," I couldn't say anything I was to near his face and I was worried that I would ruin the moment if he had a speech prepared.

"I am truly sorry about what happened last night, but you see, he just kept winding me up and I couldn't control my anger" he flexed his arm muscles. "I understand. Sort of." I forgave him. I tried to sound comforting but it came out more like a child speaking. Jake chuckled darkly under his warm breath. He looked up into my eyes and lent towards me. I must have had a moment of weakness as I realised my lips were attached to his. I couldn't control myself I just kept kissing him. 

When my mind flowed to my Dad downstairs, I pulled away and stared at him for a while and he was doing the same. "Jake, you know I can't," I told him sternly, "Not whilst my dad's right below us" i said with a bit more sympathy.

"I know, I'm sorry" he hung his head down. We both stood up.

Jake walked solemnly to my window I followed.

 "Bye then Ness" I gave him a kiss on the cheek just like a friend but he turned and it was cheek to lip. I stared at him.

"I'm sorry but he does know what I am thinking right now, so you're in trouble" he kissed my forehead and smiled my favourite smile. I blushed like a tomato. Jake frowned "I'd hate to never see you blush again, if you decide to... change" with that he jumped down from my window and nearly hit my Dad, i couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. "What are you doing here?" He fumed. Jacob looked up at me and smirked. "You should know, read me" He growled at Jacob furiously "I can't, I cannot focus on one voice at the moment" Jake was obviously in a good mood for teasing him "ooh touchy" Jake laughed and ran away into the colourful woods. I moved away from the window expecting another gruesome fight and flopped on my bed.

"It's me or him Ness" I looked around in horror to the tone of my Dad's voice, I had never heard emotion like this from him. "There's no competition. You know I couldn't live without you" I choked. "But Jake makes me happy he is the one I  love him and if you loved me you would let me go to and be with him" I gushed.....