. e i g h t .

it's the night of jungwoo and lucas' engagement party. they were in a hotel owned by sicheng's parents. it was already late, almost midnight, and certain people are starting to leave the party.

lucas and jungwoo's school friends were gathered by the pool. this part of the party was somewhere away from the adults who were talking about business. unsurprisingly, jungwoo and lucas had a lot of friends from outside the circle. even seungcheol, the jerk who throws parties almost every month, was in their engagement party.

johnny was spent on drinking his vodka on one side, coat already thrown on the chair and hair already a mess. he was tipsy but he wasn't drunk. his sleeves were halfway along his arms and his shirt hugged his torso like any other shirt would. pants that fit him in the right places were stained with liquor drops from partying all around with a drink in hand.

he made up with jaehyun but he didn't give information about what was going on with him and ten, and now his only remaining problem was ten.

ten wasn't thinking about anything when he knew there's a party going on. his drink in hand was almost empty and he needed another one. he was on his way to the bar when he bumped onto someone, spilling a drink on his shirt.

"oh god, i'm sorry." the man apologized almost too quickly to the smaller boy.

"you're kun right?" ten asked.

"and you're ten." kun smiled from ear to ear. "i'm sure i'm not popular, how do you know me?"

"duh, you're the cool music major guy who spends most of his time in the recording studio. that's why it's always occupied." ten was flirting and it was obvious.

"ahh, well i'm sorry for using the recording studio so much. it's my only escape." kun knew ten was flirting because it was so typical of ten to hit on every guy he sees in a party. but kun shrugged it off.

"nonsense. your songs are amazing. and you have a really nice voice." ten smiled as he touch the man's shoulder.

"thank you if you think so. and i'm sorry but are you flirting with me?" kun chuckled softly pushing the arm away, not in a rude way.

"am i overdoing it?" ten played innocent with the man.

"i have a boyfriend." kun smiled genuinely. ten's arm was dropped on the side and his eyes went wide. his mouth was immediately shut up and he was straight up cursing in his mind.

"oh my god, i'm sorry. i'm so sorry. you're boyfriend's probably watching. oh my god please tell him i'm sorry." ten covered his face with his palms and lightly shook his head.

"it's okay. a lot of people has mistaken me for being single. my boyfriend and i aren't normally showing off so we're not known around campus. but don't worry, he's not the jealous type."

"this is embarrassing. i was straight up flirting. oh god it's humiliating." ten was rambling and saying sorry over and over again.

"it's fine. i better go back to him. it's nice meeting you ten, see you around."

kun left and ten was still flustered. so much for trying to forget johnny. he thought.

johnny saw the whole scenario. he watched from afar and saw how ten flirted from the beginning to the end. he was growing furious with what he saw and he wished he could bleach his eyes. kun of all people. he cursed inside his head but he soon calmed down when he remembered kun has a boyfriend.

ten continued to walk back to where he was going. he reached the bar and johnny was there. he stopped in his tracks looking at the man right in the eye.