Men and women went after Juan with their weapons. They all had swords. An intense fight began. Juan found himself surrounded. He did his best to fight the blows that came from all sides. He slashed the flesh of someone who came up behind his back by swinging his sword backwards. With a frontal lethal blow, he pierced the weapon's blade in a warlock's heart. This time, Night's Fury was finally fulfilling its mission of eliminating evil spirits once and for all. Each blow counted one less Basnet in the world. However, there were still many to go. The blades sang and sparked as they met in the cold night air.

"Even though I must admit that you fight like a warrior, it looks you won't be able to handle all of us, old fool...", Silene shouted trying to distract him from his concentration.

In silence, the wizard studied his opponents. At the same time, he kept an eye on his pupil, still entangled in the mud, though free from the chains. Juan had to protect and set him free at the same time. But how could he do it, considering that he still needed to get rid of all those evil spirits?

As soon as the fight began again, two figures appeared at the entrance to the alley. They could not be recognized due to darkness.

Could they be more evil warlocks?

Fortunately, they were Leonardo and Dante, the monks that had talked to Philip. Through deep meditations, they had received a message from the ancestors, a warn of danger. And they were not alone. The couple that kept watch while Leonardo and Dante talked to Philip in the cafe also showed up. They both walked towards Juan as they took out their sunglasses and pulled nunchakus from their backs. Leonardo and Dante had their sticks ready to fight.

"Who are they? Never mind... We shall destroy them, plus the old man and the phantom boy," said Silene, full of confidence. "Kill them all!"

"Buddhist monks! You know, I've always liked your religion. It has everything to do with my philosophy of life," Juan said, feeling relieved.

"We're here to help you out, sir," Leonardo said, and the other monks nodded their heads to reinforce what he said.

At once, they were into fighting position. Maurizio ran towards them with his sword in the front to hit Dante, but the monk dodged him and immediately hit his rival in the chest with his stick. The wizard was thrown on the ground. When he finally managed to stand up, he put his hand on the injured spot. It ached like hell. The other Basnets ran to attack, but since they did not have the best Kung Fu, it didn't take long until they realized that it would be difficult to defeat the monks.

Juan raised his arm to use his magic in order to push away the group of fighters. A path was opened before him, so he could reach Philip. He pointed his right hand towards the ground where the young wizard was standing. Then he made a circle movement with his arm. It created a whirlwind that dragged Philip up and freed him from the filthy mud that immobilized him.

As soon as Philip found himself free again, he retrieved his magical powers. He cast a spell on one of the warlocks that walked towards him, and the man turned into a statue holding a sword.

The female monk used her nunchaku to take down the warlock that was attacking her with a sword. He was hit in the head. Even though he got dizzy for a few seconds, he managed to stretch his arm to throw a spell that tossed her weapon away. Then, he slashed her leg with his sword. As she placed her hand over the wound, she thought that was her end. The warlock's sword was up for the final blow. But before it could hit the injured monk, a stick crossed its way to avoid the hit. Dante saved his friend. Then, with another nunchaku blow, he made the warlock drop off his sword. The warlock and the other Basnets were then attacked by many monks, all of them delivering all kinds of Kung-Fu blows. One of the monks threw a shuriken so fast that it cut the air and hit one of the warlocks' forehead. He fell backwards on the floor.

Philip looked for Silene, the head of the warlocks, but she was gone. How could it be? She didn't look like the type that gives up easily. When he saw that the monks were ruling the fight, he closed his eyes and concentrated to find the woman's location. His body rose many meters from the ground, but he saw nothing. The only thing that he could feel was that Alexia was in danger.

A few blocks away, two men rang the bell of her apartment. Through the door's peephole she saw two firefighters. Since Alexia was worried about her grandfather, who hadn't still come home, she opened the door.

"What's happening? Did something happen to my grandfather?"

"We have news for you. Your days are counted," said Silene, throwing a shiny powder on Alexia's face that made her pass out.

Maurizio took Alexia in his arms and laid her on the sofa in the living room. Then, Silene said some magic words that made Alexia's body float light as a feather.

"Let's use her as a bait to attract the phantom boy's attention."

"It was too easy..."

"The fools are distracted fighting," said Silene with satisfaction.

"Alexia!", Philip's shout called Juan's attention.

"We can't waste time. Let's go!" The wizard said.

The fight kept on as Juan and Philip entered the portal that the young wizard had opened. The Basnet warlocks were being defeated by the monks, and as they realized that they could not stand a fight with the Buddhists, they fled the alley.  

____________________________

Read #ThePhantomMan by #ChaieneSantos