Their eyes met in the mirror, causing her to burst into laughter. "I've never had someone watch me do my makeup."

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked.

She shook her head and gave him a reassuring smile. "Maybe just a bit nervous."

Soon enough, she finished her makeup with a spritz of setting spray before getting up to walk to where Xavier sat. She stood in between his legs as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"I think you look beautiful with or without makeup," he murmured. Even when he was sitting and she was standing, she was only a bit taller as she looked down on him. His beautiful gray eyes seemed lighter during the day with the morning sun shining into the room.

"If you keep complimenting me, I'm going to become vain," she leaned down to place a quick kiss on his lips. She bit back a smile as she gently wiped off her burgundy lipstick that had transferred onto his lips with her thumb. "But thank you."

"I'm just stating the truth, sweetheart," he pulled her even closer to him.

Chuckling, she poked his forehead, causing his head to tilt back and stepped away. "Alright, sweet talker, go wait in the living room while I change."

"Can't I just watch?"

"Xavier!"

She shrieked and slapped his arm, causing him to laugh. Aurora quickly shooed him out of her room before going to change.

It was 9:30 when she emerged from her room, finally ready for work. Never had he been this late to work, usually heading in at 8, but he supposed this was the only exception.

She naturally handed her purse and phone to Xavier as she slipped on her tan colored blazer that matched her pencil skirt which stopped mid-thigh.

Underneath her blazer, she wore a black fitted turtleneck with long sleeves that reached her knuckles. Her long hair was kept in its naturally straight form, flowing down to her waist.

 Her long hair was kept in its naturally straight form, flowing down to her waist

"Ready?" Xavier asked.

"Yeah, let me just find my phone," she said, turning back to head back into her room.

Xavier reached out to grab her arm and stopped her. "You just handed me your phone, love."

"Oh."

She gave him a sheepish smile, taking her purse and phone from him as he shook his head amusingly. She not so gracefully slipped on a pair of black heels with the help of Xavier— meaning he held onto her, so she wouldn't fall onto her face.

Honestly, how did she survive before he came along?

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Aurora unlaced her fingers from Xavier's, but before she could even make a move to open the door, he stopped her.

"Wait."