Chapter 21 - Standing on last legs

Aizawa Shouta just wants this fucking meeting to be done with.

He was tired –no, let's fix that, since he was tired by default you could say he was beyond tired on this point- exhausted even, he was strained, and he just wants to rewind time and not be here anymore.

This is the first time in his life he was so eager to run away from his problems.

And oh the irony, him, a man who lived speaking blunt truths, met the day where blunt painful truths were shot at him. Ha, what a pain.

His mind is in overdrive, and his heart is well, tired. Being numb to emotions sounds nice now.

He did have gained massive information in one meeting like he firstly wanted, but damn. How the heck a kid can reveal secrets like this like he was speaking elementary math?

As soon as Midoriya accused Snipe, for not being Snipe (sue him for the lack of better term), all hell breaks loose.

A lot of teachers look bewildered and in pain, some of them gasped at the revelation (seriously though, can they still breathe?), but no, Aizawa just want to go ahead and kill, strangle –think rationally, he'll just catch (more like rough up) Midoriya's father if he had the chance. How the heck such man was even born?

Quick summary of this goddamn awful meeting. First, a sixteen year old child having participated on a project on bioengineering involving quirk experimentation on humans. Nothing out of the ordinary there, if we are being sarcastic. Second, it seems the same kid befriended his supposed deceased friend, who was alive back then, but then was killed but now alive again? Kami, help us. No, help him. Maybe after this he'll murder, beat up every villain on his patrol. And now, this shitty traitor revelation. Just fucking peachy. Now he thought about it, he was cursing like Bakugo. Then again, is this situation not curse-worthy?

"Ha? What do you mean Midoriya? First you accuse me of being a traitor, now you accuse me of not being myself, are you insane?" The accused said in a joking manner at the accusation, but he doesn't know that his words only puts doubt on the people around him – except two who was already sure who he is, that is.

Aizawa frowned at what the supposed to be Snipe said. Now that Midoriya said it, it seems like Snipe is acting out of place ever since the trio of rehab students arrived in here. Being quiet, and less complements on his students. Not that Snipe was chatty at the first place, but he had a healthy amount of conversations with the teachers before, which decreased ever since the trio arrived.

A sudden thought hit him. Did the rehab students willingly surrendered because they know there is a traitor here from the league that is helping them, and the trio volunteered to be a distraction? No, it seems unlikely. Because if the trio were a distraction, will they even spill big time secrets of the league like this? Not only that, they expected to be in jail before being thrown into U.A, so the best conclusion he can muster for now is...

The league sent a traitor to shut them up from the inside all the while collecting information from U.A, or at least, know what the trio –Midoriya, he corrects himself- will do to counteract their plans. Probably the latter. That seems the most plausible at the moment. Though that opens another question, why not just use any other teacher here to spy at U.A? Why use an impostor? And more importantly, where is the real Snipe? He just sighs and notes that he should just deal with it later. Most likely on his bed and staring on the ceiling contemplating on his life.

Izuku glanced at Aizawa, and their eyes meet. Aizawa didn't even know how he learned to have a silent conversation with the child, so when he read the kid's eyes, he just sighed again and did what he thinks he is trying to convey.