Chapter 14 - Faux

Aizawa was a man of rationality. He lived a life in accordance of reason, and was pretty doing well with it in his time of being a hero.

But this, isn't rational at all.

As he felt the arms of the purple warp gate. He felt warm. An assurance that he was safe. He hadn't felt it for long except the hugs Hizashi gives him, until a thought decided to surface in his mind.

That was not rational at all.

He can't even think of reasons to back that up. But why he felt so familiar? Like he lost him some time ago and he was given back to him again? It doesn't make sense.

What the hell.

Aizawa can't describe what he is feeling now. A part of him wanted to throw the villain away and turn him in, but a part of him melted in the hug. He didn't know why, but why hugging this villain relaxed him?

The villain then pulled off from the hug and stared at him for a good five seconds and walked away.

"I'd be better off, Izuku. I hope I can see you all soon. That is if all of us is still alive." Kurogiri said with a light chuckle, and then he warped away.

Aizawa was still frozen in his place in shock. Dabi and Toga gave him a light smile, except Izuku was full on grinning. Yes, he was cruel in messing with the hero's feelings, but guess he can't help it. Seeing the villains' expressions, that didn't do anything but rack Aizawa's confusion and shock more.

Before Izuku's foot can even go through the door, Aizawa bounded him again in his capture gear, which didn't go unnoticed by his two friends.

"Hey, what do you think you are doing?!" Toga shouted and tried to get the binding cloth out of Izuku, which was clearly not helping seeing that it only tightens the more Toga tries to get it out of him. Dabi gave the man a deathly glare, but Aizawa was in too much shock before he can even process that. Izuku gave the two a look, and by that the two seemed to realized something as their eyes widened, before he faced the man, and gave him an empty laugh.

"Looks like someone is out of their rational mind eh?" Izuku chimed, as he did nothing to get out of binds and just gave Eraserhead a stare of a lifetime.

"How- who-" Aizawa can't form out words out of his mouth. What is it he wanted to ask? Why he is feeling so stressed right now? And what is more, why does he feel like the villain is someone he knew once?

"Why did you feel that way? Ask yourself. If you think that is the answer then go on with it. But then again remember, we are now wasting time as we speak due to the fact that anytime an attack may occur." Izuku shrugged, and that way Aizawa slowly released his hold out of the kid.

"I-I need to ask you a question" Aizawa stuttered, that was way out of character for him, but he needed to know. He needs to know.

"Go on. Though both of us know you already know the answer. Seeing how racked up you are." Izuku casually said, and by now he dismissed his two friends and said that he'll follow them. Seeing this is a private matter, his friends did what he said and went inside.

"Is he...a hero that died in the bombing you executed?" Aizawa said solemnly, whilst calming his heart out. Please say no.

"Yes." Izuku answered. That was enough for Aizawa to lose his cool and yell at the kid.

"But how? How is that possible?!"

"Aizawa, you already faced and fought Nomus, and you still can't connect the dots? Of course in our world anything is possible! You are the man of reasons, you should be the one to know. Have fun having conflicted feelings about it." And with that Izuku headed out of the rooftop, leaving a distraught Aizawa in it.

_________________

2 years ago ~ At the villains' hideout, 4 hours before the Osaka City Mall bomb incident

"Brat! Come here!" Shigaraki shouted, and Izuku went out of his room with a blank face, but in all honesty he was nervous. If Shigaraki calls him early this morning, it means he had a mission, and if there is a mission, he must never fail. Or else maybe not only his shoulder will suffer.

Now you might say, why he is in this predicament now? Apparently Shigaraki took the three of them, yes, him, Toga and Dabi (or Touya) when they were a bit younger and was nice to them for a good year, telling them that they must stick together because society threw them away something like that. Then after his sensei came to the picture all hell broke loose to them and that nice personality Shigaraki had went full 180 and he became aggressive, and now he was bossy to his once friends. Yes, the three of them thought he was their friend, but after that complete personality change and as time passed by, they knew that he was a lost cause.

"What?" Izuku asked, yawning a little and scratching the back of his neck, then looked at the clock, seeing it as 6 am. Unfortunately for Izuku, Shigaraki was angry today, and his simple yawn and uninterested attitude was enough to set him off. Shigaraki then punched Izuku to the stomach, and the said boy stumbled to the floor, holding his stomach and hoping blood won't seep through since his wounds from the last days weren't healed yet.

"Don't what me, you knew very well why I called you here. Sensei had a target and you'll be the one who will get them, and after you get that target, you'll accompany the doctor sensei was talking about." Shigaraki said, and he put out a hand for Izuku to get, but said boy just smacked it away and let himself up, then dusted himself off.

"Doctor Ujiko? What exactly are you planning now?" Izuku held a stoic expression at Shigaraki, but you can say that if a gaze can cut through things, probably Shigaraki will be dead by now. Shigaraki then began on scratching his neck again, making blood slip through his dry skin.

"Well, he said that it was having a project that involves bioengineering, and since you had knowledge in that thing, sensei decided to put you in." He said, and Izuku hummed in agreement.

"Okay. But who is this target you wanted? Do you want it dead or alive?" He asked, as he trailed off to his room and looked for weapons that might be suitable for today's mission.

"I don't care as long as you bring him here. There is someone who told me that he will be in a mall today, and since you are in a mall, I want you to show the heroes what we are made of. " Shigaraki walked towards his room's door smirked through the hand, and Izuku very well knew that.

"So what do you want? People getting killed or just the heroes?" Izuku questioned and Shigaraki's smirk grew even wider.

"No problem in both. I wanted a show, and don't disappoint me. I'll explain the target more later." Shigaraki said as he now walked away from his room and went to his own.

He chuckled at that because yeah he might be a villain, but he wasn't heartless and ruthless. So Izuku planned that if Shigaraki wanted a show, then he'll have it his way. He'll make the show grand and instill fear through the people without having casualties.

Except that life was never kind to him and decided to mess him up again.