Chapter 16 - That's what friends are for

A/N ....Is this called angst? I don't know if breakdowns are considered in that genre seeing I just write off what my mind tells me XD And also, I am still not sure if the story will have ships (because I really suck at writing that kind of stories) so I guess for now I'll settle with this :')

__________

Present time

"So I assume that the Grinch found out the truth by the looks you are giving?" Dabi inquired while the three of them are walking towards their dorm (more like a prison) without the supervision of the grumpy man. Izuku hums in agreement, all the while keeping a straight face.

Yes, though Izuku always kept a straight face when matters are serious or used mockery (such as grinning at Aizawa earlier even though his intentions were good) to annoy others (more like he used that as a façade to conceal his emotions), you can really see what he feels though his eyes. Heck, Dabi and Toga needs to know that in the first place to avoid people getting unmercifully killed (also to avoid cleaning up bodies in Dabi's case, Toga really didn't mind that) after seeing that it broke their friend so much when he realized he killed them without enough reason. There is also another reason before all that, which is connected in today's events. It pains them so much that Izuku still have the heart of the hero even after all this shit that happened to him.

So in this kind of situation, Toga keeps her noise to the minimal and Dabi is the one who talks to Izuku.

They made their way inside the prison dorm and locked it. It's not like they want to go out again after today's events. They are all exhausted.

"Touya, you saw how they reacted to that hug earlier right? I am so dumb...I didn't even realize it until I go out of the rooftop." Izuku croaked out, flopping to the couch in the room. He sighed then put his palms on his face, as if hiding his tiredness will help with the situation.

"What do you mean?" Dabi asked, before sitting beside him then Toga joined, sitting beside the other side of Izuku.

"I thought Kurogiri only stared at him for a few seconds, but it seems he also froze in shock. I mean, it's probably my mistake. Should I just erased his memories in the first place instead of just locking it?" Izuku said, his voice getting quieter with every word, but the two of them heard it.

Dabi put his arm behind Izuku, as Toga took his hands on hers for comfort. Izuku looked at Toga for a moment, before the latter giving him a small smile. And as if a dam broke, tears began slipping out of Izuku's eyes.

"I hate that I didn't consider what he will feel if he unlocked his memories. Especially since I was the one who put his life in misery." Izuku then put away his hands from Toga to wipe of his tears, then proceeded to rub his eyes as if that is enough to stop the waterworks from falling.

"Izu, it's already in the past. Please forget it. I know that the league used you more than us after we gave that douchebag our trust, but even if people here will not listen to you, I know Kuro will understand you. It dies hard within him. Whatever happens, he's still Shirakumo-san." Dabi reassured, rubbing his friends back, but was surprised when said friend suddenly jolted out of the couch.

"Goddammit Dabi. I don't know what to feel! I... After I saw them, all the guilt came rushing to me." Izuku flails his arms in frustration, then put a hand on his hair then started pulling it. "The day of the bombing, the day where they kept Oburo-san in the cell and made me look after him for months of observation, and then the genuine smile on his face when Shigaraki killed him in front of me, all the while that shit is cackling! I..I feel sick, that I know I am the one who brought him in that predicament in the first place, but after how he interacted to me, to us, despite he is the one held captive, it hurts. He doesn't deserve to die." Izuku sniffled, as he slumped on a nearby wall. He then put his knees on his chest, and he let all his tears out. Dabi has an apologetic look in his face, then immediately approached Izuku and put his arms around him. He then strokes his hair with one hand, and spoke comforting words on him.