Chapter 2: What I Come Home To

Start from the beginning

"Calm down. I'm going to do work now." America said.

"I'll help you dad with work!" Massachusetts shouted.

Then Massachusetts ran inside America's office and started doing some paperwork.

"Wait Massa- never mind. Mississippi, mind going fishing with Alabama? We need some fish for the main dish." America asked.

"Sure let's go Bama!" Mississippi said, and the two ran off.

"I'll be in my office if you need me, kids!" America said, and he went to his office.

With other States...

"Hampshire, Jersey, don't you think this is too far?" New York asked nervously.

"If we want to become unicorns then no." New Hampshire replied.

"But why are you testing this on me first! Do it on Florida or something!" New York snapped back.

"Did I hear my name right?" Florida yelled as he burst into the room.

"Maybe we could try it on both of you..." Jersey said creepily as he turned his head toward Florida.

"AHH!"

Later...

"Get your hands off of me Hampshire!" Florida yells.

"Someone! Get Jersey off of me!" New York yelled.

"We'll just inject the needle in and then-" Jersey said before he got cut off.

Suddenly the door opened.

"You two. You're coming with me." Delaware shouted.

"It was New York's idea!" New Hampshire quickly said.

"Then why did I hear him call for help?" Delaware replied. "Come with me now."

Then Delaware pulled Jersey and Hampshire by the ear.

"Never am I going to become a unicorn again." New York said, slightly traumatized.

With New Hampshire and New Jersey...

"I need answers. Why did you do that to your siblings?" Delaware states.

"You see.." New Jersey said, "We overheard that New York wanted to become a unicorn! So I and Hampshire looked on a website to help him. We didn't get his permission though.."

"Then," New Hampshire added on, "New York suggested Florida do it instead because he didn't want to. Florida came in because he heard his name. So we decided, we should try it on both of them?"

"You two are on a timeout for an hour. You're lucky I didn't ground you." Delaware said after she made her decision. "You may go now."

They quickly scurried away.

"I honestly should have given them more of a punishment." Delaware sighed.

Meanwhile...

"We came back from fishing!" Alabama yelled.

"Good! Come here! We need it!" Louisiana said.

"We got quite a bit. Around 14 large fishes, 27 medium, and 30 small ones." Mississippi replies as she gives them the heavy basket of fish.

"Perfect! Let's do this Missouri!" Louisiana yells.

Meanwhile with other states...

"Hey Washington, should we play chess?" Illinois asks.

"Sure! I'll set up the board. Make everyone get their bets ready.." Washington replied.

A few minutes later...

"I got... Indiana, Ohio, and Idaho." Illinois says.

"Get your bets on..." Washington says.

3 2 1 GO!

"I bet that Washington will win!" Ohio yells as he puts down 20 bucks.

"Illinois is totally going to win!" Indiana shouts as she puts down 20 bucks too.

"I'm just here for entertainment.." Idaho whispers.

"Ha! Got your knight!" Washington yells.

"Oops! Your queen is mine now!" Illinois says cheekily.

10 minutes later...

"Checkmate," Washington says as he moves his castle.

"Take it Ohio." Indiana huffs as she gives 20 bucks to Ohio.

"Dinner is ready!!" Missouri yells.

They all scramble to get some food.

Arriving there is all of the states and one capital.

"The countries want to visit us tomorrow afternoon," America says.

"Seriously!"

"Is Japan gonna be there?"

"Get the Tea Man away!"

"Don't tell me Russia is coming..."

"France legit sold us! Your gonna allow that?"

"I'm excited!"

"Are they sleeping here?"

"I can't wait to see Mexico!"

"All of you! Calm down. I made sure they aren't going to hurt you!" America explains. "We're all going to introduce ourselves nicely, and the UN is going to be there. Be on your best behavior."

Everyone starts eating. Luckily, there are no food fights, or everything was going to be wrecked.

An hour later...

"Everyone! Off to bed." America shouts over all of the noise in the kitchen. "Don't forget to brush your teeth!"

"Okay, pa!"

"Yes, dad.."

"I'm tired.."

The thirteen original decision to go clean the dishes before they went to bed. They were the oldest, so they had a later curfew, which was 10 PM.

While that, America still had work to do, even with Massachusetts help. He worked till 1 AM, then finally went to sleep. Without Massa's help, he would have stayed up till 4 AM.

Someone had insomnia, and couldn't sleep. I'm talking about you New York. Seriously, you need to get your city under control. Referring to the "City that never sleeps", New York City.

One by one, states started to fall into a peaceful sleep. As they dreamt of magical and exciting places.

If you have any states that you'll like me to include in the next part, please say. I tried to put as many states in.

The next part, Meeting the States (Part One).