08. Covered in Red

Start from the beginning

        "Thank God your okay." He breathed into my neck. I couldn't even ask myself if I was okay. A part of me said that I would get over this and the memory of murderous werewolves wouldn't haunt me but another part said I'll never let this go.

        "I'm okay." I sniffled before blinking away the tears and pulling away from our hug. My hands stayed on his shoulders while his stayed on my hips. 

        But Stiles had this look on his face, like he wanted to tell me something, "What happened?"

        "What do you mean?

        "You have that look on your face, something bag happened, what was it?" I asked. What else could have gone wrong with this night?

         Stiles let out a breath, "There was a murder of some guy at the public pool. Scott thinks Cora and Boyd killed him."

         "They killed some innocent people?" I asked, my voice cracking.

        He nodded, "That's what were thinking."

        My mouth opened to speak but the ring of a phone cut me off. Stiles grabbed his phone from his pocket and answered it, "Hello?"

        The other person talked for a few seconds until Stiles replied, "Alright, we'll be there." Before hanging up.

        "Who was that?" I asked.

        "Melissa, she wants to meet at the hospital to observe the guy's body." Stiles answered before opening the door once more.

        "Alright, I'll go get changed." I said but Stiles stopped me.

        "You look fine."

        I rose my eyebrows in questioning, "Are you sure?" My eyes glanced down at my pajamas; short silk shorts with a lose blue V-neck. Not exactly an out doors outfit.

        He looked at me up and down, "You look great and here, "Stiles took off his jacket and helped me into it, the jacket length doing to my knees, "Let's go."

        Stiles and I opened the main doors of the hospital to see Melissa, standing feet away signing papers. Both of us walked up to her when she turned her head, "Hey."

        "Hey." Stiles replied.

        Melissa gave me a smile before furrowing her brows and looking at me up and down. Like I said before, pajamas are not exactly a proper outfit, "Why are you?"

        I caught her off, "Wearing my PJs? Well, someone, wouldn't let me change into normal clothing." Sending a glare towards Stiles' way while his eyes just rolled in response.

        "Over here, "Melissa said as she led Stiles and I through a hallway, " And if you two tell anyone that I showed you this, I swear to God, I will kill you both painfully and slowly."

        Stiles ignored her threat, "Why do you want to show me a body I've already seen?"

        "Because you haven't seen everything." She whispered as we walked int the morgue. Two dead bodies were placed on long metal trays with sheets covering them but we walked over to the last one. Melissa grabbed the front of the sheet and pulled it off, showing the kid's head, neck, and top bit of his chest. The poor boy's body was cold and white with his lips turning pale.

        "You see this around his neck?" Melissa asked as her finger hovered over the mark. It was thin and went around his neck. Below it was a long deep and dry cut was on his neck. Like the skin had been slashed with a knife, "That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, rope..."