26|To be - Assertive

We've got 3 main types of communication skills. You can be aggressive, passive and you can be ASSERTIVE.

Aggressive
Expressing your opinions and views without considering others, using a dominating and demanding tone and violating the rights of others. You just want your way or nothing else!
Aggressive communication always involves abuse which may be physical or verbal. That is NOT the way to go.

Passive
Refusing to express yourself and even when you do, you don't say it directly because you find it uncomfortable. It basically means not speaking out even when you know you really should. Passive communication struggles to avoid all kinds of disputes even when something should be said no matter what. You feel like people won't think your opinions matter. This is also NOT the way to go.

But then we have...
Assertive
Expressing your opinions directly without using violating people's rights and hurting others. You respect others by listening to their views and you're not afraid to speak up or disagree. This IS the way to go.

When stating your views or ideas, remember you're dealing with different kind of personalities. This means that you're gonna have an opposition sometimes and a different view.
If you feel something is wrong, say it's wrong but don't do it the wrong way because fire responds to fire.

When you're assertive you're:
Confident: You know what you're saying is true and you're not afraid to say it even if people don't wanna hear it.
Clear: You always pass your message clearly. No hidden meanings and no twists and turns. You just say it.
Controlled: You respect yourself in a controlled way and won't be disrespectful.

From my life experiences of different situations, the best way to make a point is to make a point.
What do I mean? 
I mean the best way to get someone to listen your views is to make a clear point using words instead of using violence and hurting others in the process. Fighting only causes more drama and makes it worse. Using your words is much better because people will definitely sit and try to understand each other. If 2 parties agree to talk about a problem, more solutions would be discovered in a faster and less harmful way.

Yes, people might judge your views but say it how you mean it. Be sure of the things you say, give true and honest information and express yourself. You're gonna have haters but you'll still find some love.