25|Self-care ~3.1~ Beauty tips

I'm no skin care expert but what I do know is you really don't need to be a professional to know the do and don'ts of your skin (and hair too).

In the previous self care chapters, I've tried to briefly cover diets and exercise and we should have arrived at a common fact — Your body is living and just like any other living thing, it needs care, attention and lots of love. If you neglect your essential body needs, your body will neglect you.

I know we have different types of skin and hair types so I'll try my best to give as much tips as I can for each(or better still, the main types or classifications). Like I always say, be patient. Some things work for some people and some other things don't as much, but you'll get there.

For this chapter, we'll be focusing on the types of skin and how to take care of each.

SKIN

We have 4 main types of skin:
-Dry
-Normal
-Oily
-Combination

The first step is IDENTIFICATION. This like the name says, simply involves you identifying your skin type. And of course, I'll help.

Identification
#1 Normal:
-Well balanced skin(not too oily, not too dry)
-Healthy and radiant skin
-Adequate production of *sebum
-Little or no imperfections (blemishes or spots)
-Barely visible pores
-No severe sensitivity

*sebum: a yellowish, oily substance found on nearly every surface of the body. It seals in moisture and prevents skin from becoming overly dry.

#2 Dry -Produces less sebum than normal skin -looks rough, scaly and dull (most times even flaky)-More visible lines -Less elasticity of the skin-Invisible pores-Skin is sensitive (prone to becoming itchy, irritated or inflamed)-Cracks and peels

#2 Dry
-Produces less sebum than normal skin
-looks rough, scaly and dull (most times even flaky)
-More visible lines
-Less elasticity of the skin
-Invisible pores
-Skin is sensitive (prone to becoming itchy, irritated or inflamed)
-Cracks and peels

#2 Dry -Produces less sebum than normal skin -looks rough, scaly and dull (most times even flaky)-More visible lines -Less elasticity of the skin-Invisible pores-Skin is sensitive (prone to becoming itchy, irritated or inflamed)-Cracks and peels

#3 Oily
-Heightened sebum production known as "seborrhea"
-Glossy shine or look
-Visible pores
-Acne-prone (blackheads, whiteheads and lots of other types of blemishes)