•Prologue•

RED COATED THE BATTLE GROUND, UNITING WITH THE LAND AND BECOMING ONE, ONLY FOR DEATH TO BECOME THE PREVAILING SOUND

RED COATED THE BATTLE GROUND, UNITING WITH THE LAND AND BECOMING ONE, ONLY FOR DEATH TO BECOME THE PREVAILING SOUND. FLAMES DEVOURED THE WEAK AND DANCED HIGH AGAINST THE SKY.

Crimson painted the once burnt auburn ashes, where no one could distinguish between the now red land or the pathetic ash of a burnt corpse.

The land decorated itself with bones and half burnt dragon heads with crimson tint adding its lustre.

The only remains left of the red scaled dragons were either bones or their undead king. All perished under the eyes of the gold scaled.

The enormous golden creatures flared their wings, concealing the sun resulting in the emergence of shadows upon the dead. Their wings whizzed, carrying the winds along with the stench of death throughout the measureless lands.

The golden scaled dragons gilded past the dead, standing behind their king, the onyx dragon.

The last remaining red scaled was presented to his feet.

Two dragon kings,

Crimson and onyx.

Two royals with same deity blood flowing their veins.

One carrying the burden of defeat, the other relishing victory.

Two brothers. One outcome,

Death.

Both the kings shifted to skin, as customs stated.

Saer had one of his arms detached, bitten and thrown away in the vast lands. Where once his arm sat, now was covered with maroon smeared all over his torso.

His warriors dead but un-buried.

The crimson dragon looked around his knees, defeat settling in his chest as he gazed on the massacre.

Demetri, in all his glory, approached the limp. Lifted his chin and chuckled as Saer tried to look into his eyes for Demetri had plunged one of his eyes.

Saer knew he wouldn't last long, he coughed out blood and refrained to look into the eyes of the black dragon.

But he will never beg.

Too conceited for his own good.

With great effort, he spoke his last words. He didn't let his state waver his words.

"there will be justice brother." Spoken with malice.

"and this shall be yours." Spoken with promise. Demetrius' words enough to bring others on their knees.

Demetri uprooted his head from his body. Saer's words latched on himself as his beheaded body greeted the ground.

Saer's pride costed him his life. For what?