He won't wait forever

Well I've gotten the request to keep Annabeth actively involved in the story, so the back-stabbing blonde stays. Oh and she might just have a heart to heart chat with Percy soon. ;) Enjoy the chapter, and of course, review when you're done reading it!

Annabeth's POV

Percy was dead. It was that simple. He'd fallen into the River Styx and dissolved. That should've been the end of it. I should be celebrating victory and the death of my enemy. That's pretty much what Kronos had done when I told him. But instead, I was sitting by the hearth, with Percy's smiling face stuck in my head.

I reached for some more fuel for the fire. My hand fell on an old chunk of the throne of Poseidon. My vision blacked out. Somewhere in the darkness, I heard someone call my name. I couldn't tell by the voice who it was. Through the dim light, I saw a figure stumbling hopelessly in the darkness. I heard the voice call out my name again.

I looked to my left at Luke, who was standing next to me. He nodded his head in approval, as if telling me it was alright to follow the voice. I followed it. The voice called my name again, more desperately this time. I was close now.

I saw the dark figure with greater detail this time. Through the darkness I could just make out dark, messy hair, but when the figure turned to look at me, my world flipped upside down. Sea green eyes shone through the darkness.

The figure whispered my name. Then it was gone.

"Percy!" I shouted.

Darkness surrounded me, I couldn't see anything, and I couldn't even hear or feel anything. A single, commanding voice filled my head. Choose Annabeth, he won't wait forever. 

My vision came back, and I was still in the throne room by the hearth. I looked at the piece of throne I was holding. I decided ton put it away and use a piece of Zeus's throne instead. Luke walked into the throne room, doing his best to walk without falling.

On the bright side, he was getting better at it. He told Kronos something I couldn't hear.

"WHAT?" Kronos roared.

I struggled to stop trembling. I watched as Luke looked up at Kronos, his hand clutching his ribs.

"It's the gods sir," Luke repeated. "They've escaped from Tartarus."

"How is this possible?" Kronos demanded. "How could Kampê have failed?"

"Well..." Luke looked at me. My eyes widened. Oh no. I thought. No no, no, no, no! 

"They were broken out by an intruder," Luke explained. "The intruder overpowered Kampê and...got the gods to the elevator. But they tripped the silent alarm. They've just exited the pit."

"I see," Kronos seethed. "And who exactly is this intruder?"

Luke gulped and mumbled something I couldn't hear. Kronos didn't hear it either.

"Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon," Luke repeated.

Surprisingly, Kronos stayed quiet. I'd expected him to disintegrate Luke on the spot but–

I was pulled out into the middle of Kronos's throne room by an unseen force. I fell to my knees and Luke rushed to my side. Before he could ask me if I was okay, however, Kronos lifted me into the air and started choking me Darth Vader-style. I clutched my throat, even though I knew that wouldn't do anything.

"It's funny daughter of Athena," Kronos said, "I seem to recall you telling me Jackson was DEAD!"

I couldn't breathe, much less form words for a response. But I could still think, and I knew something was up. When I'd fought Percy, he'd barely been able to throw a punch. He couldn't have beaten Kampê, and the gods were too weak to have done it either.