10 • ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

ANGIE

ANGIE

✧  ✦  ✧

One can only imagine the sleep I'd gotten that night, or lack thereof. Every time I closed my eyes, I'd think of the look on my mother's face when I'd dropped my bomb. Then I'd think of the conversation I had with Oliver and the niggling I got in my chest.

All in all, it was a long, restless night.

So it came as no surprise that I woke up late the next morning. Any other day, I'd see no problem with waking up at 12:56 in the afternoon. However, on this particular day, I happened to have a scheduled meeting with none other than Oliver Harding.

For 1 pm.

I flew up, but I did it with such a start that I flew right off the bed, banging my knee on the hardwood floor. There was no time to stop and dwell on the pain since the fall had already taken a solid ten seconds away from my nonexistent time.

I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing as aggressively as I could. While that happened, I scoured the mess that was my closet. Quickly I realized that I was only wasting time because my brain couldn't process any of my clothes.

A glance at my clock told me that I wasted two whole minutes in my closet and I immediately decided that I had no time to bathe.

I showered late last night, after that dreadful dinner, but that also posed a serious problem since my hair accidentally got wet. So, it was now a frizzy disaster and I had absolutely no time to straighten it.

Halfway through gargling water in my mouth to wash away the toothpaste, I remembered that I still hadn't packed my bag.

Having spit out the water into the sink, I ran back to my bedroom, picked up my bag and dumped all of my books on the floor.